Paid Content Marketing Specialist
If you geek out on high quantities of data and creative customer acquisition solutions, The Zebra might have a role for you! We are seeking a Paid Content Marketing Specialist to discover and optimize native media channels, and drive revenue and new customer acquisition. The primary role of the Paid Content Marketing Specialist will be planning, buying, building, tracking and optimizing display/native campaigns through a variety of native networks.
The Paid Content Marketing Specialist will completely own this channel, and will be able to handle strategy and execution with little need of outside support. Duties include researching opportunities, negotiating and buying inventory, coordinating internally with the creative team and product managers, and analyzing advertising placements.
The Paid Content Marketing Specialist is responsible for establishing and developing cost-effective media and vendor relationships, with the aim of driving scalable, targeted, and profitable traffic. An individual in this position will identify appropriate partners, negotiate pricing, and acquire inventory (social, text, display, etc.) on a CPC, CPA, and CPM basis.
What You'll Do:
- Identify appropriate media partners and strategic opportunities
- Negotiate opportunities with new and current media partners
- Develop and manage performance of campaigns on CPM, CPC and CPA models
- Optimize campaigns to internal ROI and volume metrics
- Build dozens of new native/content campaigns per month across a variety of networks
- Write and test multiple headlines that entice users to visit and get a quote
- Test multiple images and find the right combination of image and headline variations
- Work with creative and analytics team to optimize both ads and landing pages
- Plan and purchase digital media while effectively meeting CPA / ROI goals for direct response campaigns
- Manage campaigns from concept to completion
- Monitor and scale multiple campaigns prioritizing by revenue opportunity
- Explore emerging and non-traditional marketing channels
- Grow the native/content marketing channel into a meaningful part of the business
- Analyze data against the defined campaign success metrics
- Develop and implement new strategies for campaign expansion
- Market Research & Competitive Intelligence
Our Match Made in Heaven:
- Has a strong understanding of emerging trends and platforms in the native media buying ecosystem.
- Has experience partnering with data analysts on extracting actionable insights from media reporting leading to campaign optimizations and improvements.
- Experience with marketing attribution tools preferred
- Understands the ever changing media landscape as it pertains to automation, data, and ad tech capabilities.
- Previous marketing experience with Outbrain, Sharethrough, Revcontent, Taboola or other Native or Content companies required.
- Experience with Lead Gen and Finance/Insurance related businesses/clients preferred
- Can think outside the box and has a test, learn, and iterate marketing approach
- Experience owning and executing content campaigns with minimal support, from the publisher research stage to continual optimization of proven programs
Requirements That Would Impress the Pants Off Us:
- 3+ years of experience working as a media buyer, media planner, media analyst, trading desk trader/strategist.
- Anything with applicable experience from the publisher, client or agency side
- Clear, solid understanding of the media planning and buying process and can be self-sufficient in campaign set-up and ongoing maintenance
- Strong project management skills to meet deadlines and juggle an ever changing set of priorities
- The ability to work independently as well as partner/collaborate on overall campaign strategy and goals
- Experience managing large marketing and advertising budgets
- Content marketing and Native advertising experience, specifically in direct response/lead gen
- Salary position
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Working with a small, close-knit team in a young, promising company
- Career advancement opportunities
- Stock options
- Monthly home maid service
- Feel good perk
- Work hard / Play hard culture
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.”
The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal also named
The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015. The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values. The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.