Senior Product Manager - User Retention
Austin, TX /
We are growing our Product team and we’re seeking a Senior Product Manager to help us craft a world-class insurance shopping experience. This role offers the exciting opportunity of creating sticky and innovative experiences that entice people to use The Zebra frequently. We are looking for an experienced senior product manager who can embrace ambiguity to create clarity, is driven by the desire to help others reach their goals, and consistently deliver impact to our business.
Please note - all new hires must be able to relocate to Austin, Texas by the time of their start date.
This position is not currently eligible for visa sponsorship
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Build a User Retention product vision, strategy and roadmap with stakeholders and peer product managers.
- Incentivize repeat product usage by leveraging both quantitative and qualitative research to gather data to support and prioritize effective, innovative product enhancements.
- Work closely with business owners, engineering, UI/UX, and QA teams to ensure an efficient, collaborative, and high-quality product development process.
- Provide thorough and actionable specs, user stories, and requirements, thinking through edge cases and cross-team dependencies to help the engineering team deliver high-quality features.
- Foster a transparent and collaborative working environment, communicating critical information to stakeholders clearly and effectively.
- Develop a deep understanding of the insurance industry including internal and external forces that will continually shape our business.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years experience in consumer-facing product management or an equivalent role.
- Experience building features and programs oriented to retaining consumers over long periods of time. You are familiar with the terms MAU and LTV.
- Detail-oriented, self-sufficient, and able to find creative solutions and build something from scratch.
- Ability to fuse art and science into a product, balancing a strong creative intuition with analytical abilities to fuel product development.
- Experience in both qualitative and quantitative analysis to drive results, running experiments across multiple product areas with varying KPIs and objectives.
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills to drive cross-department alignment to the overall strategy.
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Worked in startup to growth-stage environments
- A background in the insurance or financial services industries
- Experience working for a web-based consumer marketplace
- Experience building or leading teams that build native mobile apps
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunch
- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month)
- Curated monthly snack box - sent to your house
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation's leading, independent insurance comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, consumers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares multiple insurance companies and provides agent support and educational resources to ensure consumers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their home and auto insurance. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 — it's "insurance in black and white."
The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., The New York Times, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Local and national publications have named The Zebra as a Best Place to Work, including Austin Business Journal in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020, The Austin American-Statesman in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2020 and Inc. Magazine on their nationally-recognized list from 2018-2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**