Calgary, AB /
Are you passionate about building what's next for Alberta's innovation ecosystem? Join our exciting new team of unlike minds focused on supporting ventures solving the world's biggest problems.
Thin Air Labs is an innovation and investment firm that's taking a bold approach to activate economic development in Alberta & the Prairies. We value trust and collaboration as we support Founders creating meaningful impact on people and the planet.
We strategically inject Design, Community and Capital into ventures and transformed organizations in our chosen sectors. We are working toward regenerative ecosystems everywhere.
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to be the supportive force that empowers our Co-Founder & Capital Partner to perform at maximum efficiency. Given the changing nature of the executive landscape, we will rely on this person for flexibility and foresight, while maintaining confidences related to high-level systems and operations.
As an Executive Assistant you will be involved in most components of the function of the office, our team and senior leadership, including:
- Provide support to the Capital Partner as directed to ensure that company goals and objectives are accomplished, and operations run efficiently
- Maintain and refine internal processes that support the executives company-wide, coordinating internal and external resources to expedite workflow
- Liaising with internal and external executives on various projects and tasks, including Marketing and Operations teams
- Plan and orchestrate work to ensure the senior executives’ priorities are met, organizational goals are achieved, and best practices are upheld
- Manage professional and personal scheduling for the Capital Partner, including agendas, mail, email, calls, travel arrangements, client management, and other company logistics
- Coordinate complex scheduling and extensive calendar management, as well as management of content and flow of information to senior executives and team members
- Coordinate the Capital Partner’s’ travel and travel-related activities, including hotel booking, and transportation
- Perform administrative and office support, such as minute-taking, spreadsheet and powerpoint creation, and an electronic filing system
- Responsible for CRM updates pertaining to the Capital Partners' meetings, emails and fundraising efforts
- Maintain professionalism and strict confidentiality with all materials, and exercise discretion when interfacing with the business
- Support with internal and external events, webinars, large remote meetings, etc., for both the team and the Capital Partner
- Light personal assistant duties
- Passionate for technology and its impact on the world
- You have an insatiable interest in new applications, trends and breaking developments
- Street smart, with the right balance of optimism and common sense
- You are practical and focus on tangible results.“No task too big or small” mentality
- Strong interpersonal skills. You are able to connect with clients, visitors, allies and founders on behalf of Thin Air Labs and are keen to immerse yourself in Alberta’s venture and entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Independent, with limited need for supervision
- Proactive and self-driven to get tasks done
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- This means knowing how to write professionally and speak persuasively
- Proficiency in G Suite and Microsoft Office (experience with HubSpot will be considered an asset)
- Ability to analyze and revise operating practices to improve efficiency
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment
- Superior organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner
- Strong organizational skills. You will need to juggle many projects and will be working with the entire team
- 4+ years experience in administrative role reporting directly to senior leadership
- Resilience and tenacity would be an asset in this role
- Flexible team player willing to do what it takes to get the job done; adaptable and enjoys a challenge
- Ability to keep company confidences
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Thin Air Labs, we value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.