Associate Director, Paid Media
AntiSocial Solutions – Media /
Who We Are
Hi! We’re AntiSocial Solutions, a full-service digital marketing agency made up of people who love to create. Our work spans industries; we produce cinematic media pieces and conceptual campaigns for great brands across the globe. As a division of Thinkingbox, we have offices located in Vancouver, Toronto, New York City, Salt Lake City, Portland, and Los Angeles.
At AntiSocial, you’ll be joining a diverse and talented group of people who craft campaigns and provide solutions for the world’s top brands. We love our culture and the natural collaboration that happens in and around our five offices, from dog parties to happy hour Fridays, we maintain a vibrant work environment. However, for one month a year we encourage our people to explore the world. Try working from another office or even the beaches of Bali and expand your worldview, then bring that experience back to the team.
AntiSocial Solutions is looking for an Associate Director of Paid Media to join our media team. This role will report to the Director of Media. This person must be adept at cross-collaboration with other subject matter experts and willing to engage and educate their peers. You have an intimate understanding of paid media, can easily communicate recommendations to clients while providing tactical and strategically led information for the internal teams. You must be able to lead Paid Media ideation, creation, and pitching. You understand how to scope, staff and report on paid media project initiatives by budget, task and level of effort. In this role, you will have a voice in all day-to-day operations and the strategic direction of our team.
This role will be managing the media team (buyers and strategists) as well as leading agency pitches, resourcing, and big client strategies.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Manage the media team (buyers and strategists)
- Leading annual performance reviews and customized professional development plans for direct reports.
- Review and QA all outgoing paid media strategy work to ensure brand quality
- Ensure team is following best practices, QA, and general processes
- Grow the understanding and mastery of Paid Media individuals
- Deadline management of entire department along with efficiency training
- Track and regulate department hours through Harvest
- Monitor and create department procedures
- Monitor capacity of team members and adapt to change
- Maintaining the ability to train account managers on all paid media fundamentals, including media planning, campaign building & optimizing, reporting, testing, platform nuances, and data processing & analysis
- Coaching direct reports on foundational skills, including clear communication, expectation setting, rapport building, active listening, and conflict de-escalation
- Continuously refining and updating our knowledge management infrastructure, including ongoing education materials, process, and materials for new hire onboarding
- Lead and own the creation of paid media pitches and client campaigns
- Work closely with the paid team (media strategists, analysts, buyers, and producers) to develop paid media campaigns that are driven on business goals and objectives for your clients
- Create strategic paid media plans that include budgets, KPIs, audiences, targeting, and channels recommendations
- Participate in cross-department strategy sessions as well as leadership and development meetings
- Ability to derive insights and actionable next steps from reports
- Ensure we’re using the right systems and creating actionable recommendations to help our clients success
- Leading annual strategy sessions for your clients looking at opportunities for the year ahead to ensure they see constant growth from our thought leadership and partnership
- Testing and learning new strategies, features, and platforms and share findings with the social media department
What You'll Bring
- Minimum 4 years in-platform experience for paid media:
- platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Google, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn and TikTok.
- Minimum 2 years of previous management experience of media buyers/strategists
- Minimum 4 years experience with Google Analytics & Google Tag Manager
- Project Management experience considered an asset
- Strong relationship skills and problem solving skills
Here at AntiSocial Solutions, we are committed to building an environment where our employees continuously feel included, valued and heard. Diversity is our creative strength and it’s a combination of our unique experiences and perspectives that make for some of the best problem-solving. The result? Creativity, growth and innovation. We strongly encourage all applicants, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or gender identity to apply.
Thank you for taking the time to apply with the Thinkingbox family! Please remember to include your resume and links to your online portfolio with your application. Due to the number of applications we receive, we are not able to contact everyone who applies. Do note however that all applications are stored in our talent database and will be considered for future opportunities!