Marketing Copywriter (Contract)
Growth Marketing /
Who We Are:
Founded in 2013, Thistle’s mission is to empower our customers to get and stay healthy while improving the sustainability of our food system. We deliver delicious, organic, healthy, plant-forward meals, cold-pressed juices and snacks to customers on the West Coast who want to put their nutrition on auto-pilot.
We don’t want to be just another food delivery startup. Our focus is on the health and happiness of our customers, and we are revolutionizing how fresh, nutritious, high-quality food is purchased, manufactured, and delivered at scale.
Thistle is headquartered in San Francisco and have raised capital from the best investors in the industry, including PowerPlant Ventures - a leading investor in the plant-based space.
About the Role:
Thistle is looking for an experienced, detail-oriented, versatile wordsmith to join our team as a contract Copywriter, reporting to our Brand & Marketing Design Lead and available for 10-15 hours of work a week.
What You’ll Do:
- Writing site, email, social copy, and occasionally supporting ad hoc creative copy needs
- Sourcing informative, clever, engaging phrases and quotes for social posts
- Writing short, snappy copy for email, headline, and ad calls to action
- Helping craft a consistent brand voice and persona, and occasionally joining client calls for creative reviews
- Attending team meetings as needed
- Copy editing as needed(landing pages, ads)
- Additional responsibilities as needed, assigned by Brand & Marketing Design Lead
What You’ll Bring:
- A copywriting portfolio(Collection of links, and/or PDF with screenshots is fine!)
- Versatility as a writer: You can be long-winded and vanilla, or craft a perfectly irreverent, laugh-out-loud two-word caption.
- Proven work experience(3+ years) as a Copywriter or similar role
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency using Google Drive, Dropbox, and MS Office Suite(Word, Excel, etc.)
- Knowledge of marketing and social media
- Passion for helping people live healthier lifestyles
- Food & wellness knowledge and expertise is a strong plus
- SEO optimization experience would be a bonus
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or relevant field preferred
Alignment With Thistle’s Core Values:
- You are able to collaborate and build strong cross-functional relationships and believe whole-heartedly in the importance of fostering an inclusive and equitable work environment.
- You are a self-starter with a bias towards action, are driven to succeed and have the ability to lead in a quickly changing business environment.
- You have experience juggling competing prioritizes and can drive projects forward regardless of resource constraints.
- You are passionate about Thistle’s mission around health, wellness, and sustainability
- You are genuinely motivated by the challenge of creating the strongest and highest value customer experience possible.
Make A Lot With A Little:
Lead With Purpose:
Build the Future:
Diversity and inclusion are essential values at Thistle. We know we'll do our best and most impactful work when we feel we're represented and we belong. We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.