CRM/Retention Marketing Manager
Who We Are:
Founded in 2013, Thistle’s mission is to empower our customers to get and stay healthy while improving the sustainability of our food system. We deliver delicious, organic, healthy, plant-forward meals, cold-pressed juices and snacks to customers on the West Coast who want to put their nutrition on auto-pilot.
We don’t want to be just another food delivery startup. Our focus is on the health and happiness of our customers, and we are revolutionizing how fresh, nutritious, high-quality food is purchased, manufactured, and delivered at scale.
Thistle is headquartered in San Francisco and have raised capital from the best investors in the industry, including PowerPlant Ventures - a leading investor in the plant-based space.
About the Role:
We’re looking for an ambitious and strategic Retention Marketing Manager to join the Thistle team. This person will be responsible for maximizing customer engagement across channels and along their entire journey with Thistle.
The best person for this role will be one motivated by both data-driven and creative obstacles - you are equally excited by analytics as you are by brainstorming, and are able to use your experience and skills to optimize the Thistle customer experience and have a measurable and direct impact on key growth metrics.
This role will report directly to our Senior Director of Growth & Marketing and can be primarily remote however candidates should be located within California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada or Arizona.
What You'll Do
- Own CRM and Retention Marketing strategy and related efforts in partnership with Brand, Product, Creative and Customer Support teams.
- Constantly generate new ideas and approaches for engaging with the customer through the subscription lifecycle including but not limited to the following channels: email, text, and push notifications.
- Act as an internal subject matter expert on best practices to increase success of related marketing campaigns through multiple channels.
- Manage campaigns and programs across the customer lifecycle, from inception to execution and analysis, with goal of maximizing metrics such as conversions, LTV, AOV,resurrections and NPS.
- Work cross-functionally with the Brand, Creative, and Product teams to bring visibility to key content and features.
- Develop segmentation strategies to customize email messaging to users using the Thistle brand voice, behavioral data, and email engagement metrics.
- Monitor channel performance and work collaboratively with product/eng team to inform new growth & engagement strategies
- Develop and cultivate a culture of iteration and experimentation - implementing A/B tests to optimize email performance and achieve customer retention as well as resurrection goals
What You'll Bring:
- Minimum 2+ years experience in Email/CRM/Retention/Lifecycle Marketing within direct to consumer category, ideally at an early to mid stage high growth startup
- Experience using today’s modern ESPs(such as Klayvio), Google Analytics and Google Workspace. Tableau experience is a plus.
- Experience in managing the customer lifecycle from email capture onward within a lean growth/marketing team and in multiple channels
- Experience with content personalization, handlebar logic etc.
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills demonstrated through past work
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS.
Life At Thistle
- Join a kind, diverse, passionate & driven team of all backgrounds
- Generous Employee Discount
- Casual work environment
- Team-building and Frequent Wellness Events
- Comprehensive health benefits(medical, dental, vision) to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation & sick policy
- Competitive salary & equity package
- Apple equipment
Thistle Core Values
- Be Human: You are able to collaborate and build strong cross-functional relationships and believe whole-heartedly in the importance of fostering an inclusive and equitable work environment.
- Think Bigger: You are a self-starter with a bias towards action, are driven to succeedand have the ability to lead in a quickly changing business environment.
- Make A Lot With A Little: You have experience juggling competing prioritizes and can drive projects forward regardless of resource constraints.
- Lead With Purpose: You are passionate aboutThistle’s mission around health, wellness, and sustainability
- Build the Future:You are genuinely motivated by the challenge of creating the strongest and highest value customer experience possible.
Diversity and inclusion are essential values at Thistle. We know we'll do our best and most impactful work when we feel we're represented and we belong. We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.