Vacaville, CA /
Operations - Production /
At Thistle, we don’t want to be just another food delivery startup. Our focus is on our customers’ health and happiness, and we are revolutionizing how fresh, nutritious, high-quality food is purchased, manufactured, and delivered at scale. Learn more about us and our mission here.
About the Role
Thistle is looking to expand our production team with professional individuals to assist with production - plating and pack functions. This position is ideal for someone looking to work hard in a fast-paced environment.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Production Lead is responsible for supervising a team consisting of Production Associates on the production floor. Production Leads ensure the production function is performed satisfactorily on the Production Line which includes plating and packaging meals, snacks, and beverages.
What You’ll Do
- Support Production Leadership in overseeing production process on production lines, including production execution, Quality Control/Quality Assurance and time tracking
- Ensure employees are following GMPs ensuring that products are consistently produced and controlled according to policy
- Maintain working knowledge of and assist with implementation of new and existing SOPs and policies across production teams; ensure processes and policies are adhered to at all times
- Driving and pushing the line for better efficiency and accuracy meeting targeted goals for the shift.
- Organizing the line with the correct components and materials
- Understanding and communicating which meal the line will be working on and address any major allergies, meal specifics and/or other pertinent information
- Ensure that Sanitation buckets, cleaning solution and materials are on the line prior to production as well as making sure all GMPs are followed.
- Identifying who will be utilizing scales and ensuring its proper use and the target weight for components
- Understand targeted weight volume needed to fulfill meal and anticipate early enough to provide Kitchen ample time to supplement the short called out
- Ensure all documentation, Quality Control and Quality Assurance are conducted, completed and submitted on time.
- Communicating break and lunch time allotted and expectations of when to return to the line. Ensuring that all associates returning are on time and accounted for.
- Updating Production Board with Line progression numbers either every hour or 2 hours.
- Submit all Documentation into the Production Managers office and input metrics into appropriate digital forms
- Ensure that Meal Towers are properly labeled with correct amount, date, meal code
- Identify and communicate all shorts including, but not limited to, bin weights, components, meal count shorts, etc.
- Proper updates and communication on Slack and other necessary methods such as the call-out line, phone, meetings, etc.
- Attend consistent safety meetings once per week keeping track of policy changes and rollouts
- Support Production leadership in ensuring OSHA compliance standards are adhered at all times by staff
- SupportProduction leadership with internal QA Audits initiatives
What You'll Bring
- 1+ years related experience; experience in a high-paced food manufacturing environment highly preferred
- Desire to grow into leadership positions and develop leadership skills
- Strong communication skills that put people first and ability to balance empathy and direct feedback in order to both support and advocate for the team and also maintain consistent standards of performance.
- Ability to form effective working relationships with a cross-functional team
- Ability to adhere to company SOPs and implement new initiatives as needed
- Ability and willingness to master new equipment and related automation as it is implemented.
- Valid CA Food Handlers Certification(must be obtained within 30 days of hire)
- Prolonged periods of standing, bending, and walking throughout the facility
- Ability to consistently life up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work in a cold environment(38 degrees) for prolonged periods of time
Life At Thistle
- Join a diverse, passionate & driven team of all backgrounds
- Casual work environment
- Comprehensive health benefits to fit your needs
- Free meals and cold-pressed juice when surplus inventory allows (available most days)
- General vacation & sick policy
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential values at Thistle. We know we do our best and most impactful work when we feel we are represented and belong. We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.