Senior Cost Accountant
San Francisco Bay Area
Who we are:
Founded in 2013, Thistle is a leading tech-enabled food and nutrition company that delivers ready-to-eat meals right to your doorstep. We empower our customers to get and stay healthy while improving the sustainability of our food system. Thistle began as a single pop-up location in San Francisco, going from selling cold-pressed juices to delivering nearly 15 million delicious, healthy, plant-forward meals, organic cold-pressed juices, and snacks.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Cost Accountant is a key contributor to the monthly close process. This position requires a hands-on and highly detail-oriented individual to be a key player in collecting and analyzing data about a company’s operational costs. The person in this position will collaborate with multiple cross-functional partners, including Thistle’s three manufacturing and distribution facilities. The Senior Accountant will also be a key player in implementing the Warehouse Management System.
Some travel is expected in this role (10% of the time) to our major production facilities in Vacaville, CA, and Burlington, NJ.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to provide support and guidance as it relates to inventories, costing and financial analysis
- Analyze actual manufacturing costs; prepare, report and identify the drivers of variances and communicate to senior management
- Assist in process of monthly financial closing activities and analysis of balance sheet and income statement
- Assist with the implementation of the Warehouse Management System in the manufacturing and distribution facilities with a focus on inventory management
- Continually identify, design and implement best practices and process improvements
What you'll bring:
- BS/BA in Accounting, Business, Finance, or another quantitative relevant field required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Cost Accounting in manufacturing or CPG industries required
- CPA preferred
- Have strong technical skills involving inventory valuation and cost analysis
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
$80,000 - $100,000 a year
The salary range for this role is $80k - $100k and represents the company's good faith minimum and maximum range at the time of the posting. The actual compensation offered to a candidate will depend on various factors, including, but not limited to, the candidate’s experience, qualifications, and location.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential values at Thistle. We know we do our best and most impactful work when we feel we are represented and belong. We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.