Business Intelligence Engineer
Franklin, TN /
Thnks is looking for a talented and motivated BI Engineer to join our team. This individual will play a critical role in driving our data strategy and ensuring the effective use of data throughout the organization. As the BI Engineer, you will be responsible for both day-to-day tasks, such as building dashboards and visualizations, as well as shaping our data infrastructure, processes, and future initiatives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Build and maintain dashboards, visualizations, and reports to monitor business performance and provide insights for decision-making.
● Design, develop, and maintain scalable, reliable, and secure data pipelines to support the organization's data needs.
● Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define data requirements, design data models, and optimize data usage.
● Implement data validation and data quality checks to ensure the accuracy and reliability of our data.
● Research and recommend new technologies, tools, and best practices to improve data processing and storage capabilities.
● Work closely with the product team to define and implement data-driven features that improve our platform's user experience.
● Support data-driven decision-making across the organization by providing data insights and recommendations to stakeholders.
NECESSARY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
● Minimum of 3 years of experience in a BI/data engineering role, preferably in a SaaS or technology-focused company.
● Strong PostgreSQL skills
● Experience with data storage solutions like Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, or Snowflake.
● Familiarity with data visualization and reporting tools such as Periscope, Tableau, Looker, or Power BI.
● Knowledge of ETL processes and tools, and experience in designing and implementing scalable data pipelines.
● Strong understanding of data modeling, database design, and data warehousing principles.
● Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
● Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively work with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
● Knowledge of data privacy and compliance regulations, such as GDPR and CCPA, is a plus.
● The ideal candidate will have outstanding communication skills, proven data infrastructure design and implementation capabilities, strong business acumen, and an innate drive to deliver results.
● You will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
ON ANY GIVEN DAY YOU MAY FIND YOURSELF…
● Collaborating with the marketing team to build a dashboard that tracks key performance indicators (KPIs) for marketing campaigns, helping them optimize their strategy and measure success.
● Collaborating with the account management team on the best way to visualize data for a client.
● Working with the product team to analyze user behavior data, identifying patterns and trends that can inform new feature development or improvements to existing functionality.
● Researching a robust data warehousing solution to consolidate data from various sources, ensuring a single source of truth for company-wide reporting and analysis.
● Conducting regular data audits and implementing corrective measures to maintain data accuracy and integrity.
● Leveraging low-code tools like Zapier or Retool to quickly build workflows and tools that help the account management team be more informed and efficient.
● On a call with a client’s engineering team, strategizing on the best way to pipe Thnks data into the client’s data warehouse.