Business Intelligence Analyst - Product
Product – Product
We are seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst with software product experience to interface with our Product Team. In this role, you will generate high quality strategic and tactical business and user experience insights to support direction and decision making in product design. You will work closely with our product management, design, data analysis and visualization, and development teams.
We are looking for a detail-oriented person with strong quantitative training, experience working with BI tools, who is skilled at integrating qualitative and quantitative data. You have deep knowledge of what makes a product successful, and a passion for taking actions with insights from data. You have the ability to communicate results clearly to non-technical colleagues. You thrive in an environment where we try something, look at the data, and then try again.
We look for these qualities in a candidate:
- Has a flexible approach to research and experimentation, with a primary goal of providing value to the product team in a timely manner
- Creative, deeply analytical, critical thinker
- Motivated, adaptable and organized self-starter
- Extremely detail-oriented and produces very high-quality work
- Thrive in a startup environment of frequent change and quick deadlines
- Work independently while collaborating well with a distributed, hard-working team
What you’ll do:
- Partner with our product team (including product management, development, design, and data analysis and visualization teams) to understand and deliver on their needs
- Translate analytics, data and qualitative research findings into actionable plans for the product team
- Provide input to the overall prioritization of the Business Intelligence Systems Team by providing feedback and recommendations to the team
- Maintain a proactive research road map that aligns with product development and release cycles
- Provide input on both technical solutions and research methodologies based on research questions, timelines, and resourcing
- Develop and report on metrics that appropriately reflect the user experience and effectiveness/quality of a feature, ensuring that the Product Team has a clear understanding of progress towards overarching business and usability goals
- Use experimental design to assist in the design and measurement of various tests (including A/B tests)
- Collaborate with architects, developers, and other technical subject matter experts to develop and maintain tools and systems to support data modeling, data storage, data quality, analytics, and reporting
- Analyze tradeoffs between functionality, usability, reliability, supportability, and performance needs of tools and systems
We think our ideal candidate looks something like this:
- A curious and critical thinker who is passionate about learning people’s behaviours and motivations in order to drive product improvements
- Solid understanding of relational models, experimental design, data collection, and analysis
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them
- Experience working with BI tools (eg Tableau, Looker, etc.), Excel, and SQL
- Empathy for software users, and for the transformation of Thoughtexchange users from participants to empowered leaders using our software
- The ability to communicate in both business and technical terms, and strong interpersonal skills including the ability to listen deeply and modify approach based on inputs
- Ability to turn around projects quickly, from identifying a project through sharing the results
- Bachelor degree or higher in a relevant field
Bonus points if you have these experiences:
- Working at a fast-paced tech startup
- Working at a SaaS company focused on product-led growth
- Statistical analysis (or minimally an understanding of basic statistical concepts)
Mutual respect and reciprocation is the lifeblood of our company. And a working relationship isn’t just about what you can do for us - it’s also about who we are, and what we can do for you.
Who we are:
· We’re a cloud-based software platform which enables customers to lead online group conversations with anywhere from five to fifty thousand people.
· Our patented algorithms analyze large volumes of data to provide deep insights for our customers, allowing them to make informed decisions on things that matter within their communities and organizations.
· Over 140 inspired people work here. Their collective experience, ranging from academia to nonprofit to “I’m a high-school dropout who loves Brené Brown’s work and really wants to make a difference”, make our company the very special place it is.
· Our investors believe in us, too: we’ve closed over $18M of investment from some of Canada’s top angel investors.
What we offer:
• Growth and opportunity. Sure, we offer perks such as training and professional development. But beyond that, you’ll find yourself surrounded by mentors from all walks of life, each with a unique set of skills and experience that brought them here.
• Community. Whether it’s TGIF gatherings, bbqs, or a bunch of us hanging out in the office after hours to watercolour, watch the NHL playoffs or World Cup, or stick around after work and socialize, run, bike or ski, we like getting to know one another both in and out of the workplace.
• Fulfillment. It’s hard to find yourself counting down the days until Friday when you can see and feel the impact what you’re doing makes on the world. Take a skim through our blog and see what we mean.
• Job satisfaction. We don’t mean to brag, but people love working here.
• Work and life. If we’re not able to take work out of our life when we need to, we’re not able to put our life into our work when we want to. With flex time and remote work opportunities, make anywhere your office and collaborate with teammates in our three offices throughout the Lower Mainland and Kootenays.
At Thoughtexchange, we make better decisions and build better products by supporting, encouraging and celebrating the diverse voices of our employees. We recognize that we have more work to do to create a workforce that truly represents those who our product serves and the communities we live in. We strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply.