Sales – Sales /
We are on the hunt for an Account Executive who is passionate about bringing people together and is inspired by enabling leadership, driving change, and giving people a voice.
ThoughtExchange is one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies and is the only Enterprise Discussion Management platform powered by patented anti-bias technology. Modern leaders use ThoughtExchange to quickly gain critical insights and improve strategic decision making. With backing from some of the top investors in North America, ThoughtExchange is trusted by leaders across the globe to drive pivotal discussions at scale.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced communicator whether it is about business or technology and can create value through connection, understanding, and relationships.
And, if you answer Yes to the following questions, ThoughtExchange would be interested in learning more about you:
- Do you have repeatable experience in selling into Enterprise Fortune 1000 accounts?
- Do you have the ability to consistently build and maintain enthusiasm, positivity and passion for what you are doing?
- Are you committed to your own professional development leading with a growth mindset and willing to always be learning and always bring the right attitude to try something new?
- Do you bring a high level of inquisitiveness and active presence when engaging with customers?
- Do you project credibility, assertiveness, and bring confidence by conveying a clear message?
- Identifies business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options
- Sells products by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects; recommending solutions
- Identifies product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Building and maintaining a pipeline of sales opportunities within an assigned territory
- Source new sales opportunities and close sales to achieve assigned quota
- Manage and negotiate with clients, generating leads, qualifying prospects and managing the sales cycle to close
- Research sales competition and keep current on topics within the industry and maintain subject matter expertise in relation to technology and buyer personas
- Support our anti-racism and diversity, equity & inclusion (ADEI) mandate by (at a minimum) being aware of our ADEI commitment and initiatives, and completing all mandatory ADEI trainings
What you’ll bring to the role:
- 5-10 years of sales experience preferably in complex solution selling environments
- A drive to be a top achiever with consistent year-over-year sales results
- Solid solution selling, negotiation, and networking experience
- Strong territory and account management skills
- Fearless prospecting mindset
- Strong interpersonal communication abilities and emotional intelligence
- Excellent digital & social selling skills
- Exceptional presentation skills
- A passion for leadership and familiarity with how it feels to be a leader will also be helpful
- Ability to work in a fast-changing environment
- Ability to combine empathy, humour, killer instinct and vulnerability in appropriate portions
At ThoughtExchange, we make better decisions and build better products by supporting, encouraging and celebrating the diverse voices of our employees. We recognize that we have more work to do to create a workforce that truly represents those who our product serves and the communities we live in. We strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply.
Mutual respect and reciprocation are the lifeblood of our company. And a working relationship isn’t just about what you can do for us - it’s also about who we are, and what we can do for you.
Who we are:
• Over 175 inspired people work at ThoughtExchange. Their collective experience, ranging from academia to nonprofit to “I’m a high-school dropout who loves Brené Brown’s work and really wants to make a difference”, make our company the very special place it is.
• Our investors believe in us, too. We’ve previously closed over $18M of investment from some of Canada’s top angels, and we recently closed $34 million in Series B funding with a syndicate of incredible US and Canadian investors. To say that we are ready for take off is an understatement.
What we offer:
• Growth and opportunity. Sure, we offer perks such as training and professional development. But beyond that, you’ll find yourself surrounded by mentors from all walks of life, each with a unique set of skills and experience that brought them here.
• Community. We like getting to know one another both in and out of the workplace, whether it’s collaborating in our virtual company meetings, connecting over donut dates or getting together in our offices or on the road.
• Fulfillment. It’s hard to find yourself counting down the days until Friday when you can see and feel the impact what you’re doing makes on the world. Take a skim through our blog and see what we mean.
• Job satisfaction. We don’t mean to brag, but people love working here.
• Work and life. If we’re not able to take work out of our life when we need to, we’re not able to put our life into our work when we want to. With flex time and remote work opportunities, make anywhere your office.
• Ownership. In addition to competitive pay and benefits, employees receive share options when joining the company. Additional options are awarded throughout your ThoughtExchange career based on ongoing contributions to the company.