Director of Customer Success
Sales & Marketing – Customer Success /
Are you passionate about bringing people together? Are you inspired by empowering leadership, driving change and giving people a voice? If so, keep reading…
ThoughtExchange empowers organizations to lead group discussions about things that matter. Leaders from all over North America inform critical decisions with powerful, patent pending analytics and visualizations supported by our software and world class customer success team.
We are looking for a Director of Customer Success who is creative, customer centric and prepared to lead a team of Customer Success Managers in our fast-paced, high-growth company. The scope of this role includes all of ThoughtExchange’s customers, including enterprise, across all verticals. Your leadership will have a direct impact on the growth and maturity of our business, the development of amazing people, and the building of happy, healthy customers. This position reports to our VP, Customer Success.
Note: This role is remote and open to candidates based in Canada.
- Drive customer success outcomes to ensure that ThoughtExchange leaders achieve desired business outcomes as evidenced through increased product usage, adoption and customer retention
- Lead the customer success at scale strategy to create efficiencies and great customer experiences
- Build scalable processes to accelerate time to value, drive adoption and maximizing revenue
- Refine operations to align with the current business and plan for future growth
- Drive alignment with renewals and sales functions in order to optimize the renewal experience for customers, directly contributing to successful customer renewals and retention targets
- Hire and develop accomplished customer success managers, expanding their customer, product, domain and account management expertise
- Motivate your team to perform in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment in order to exceed KPIs and achieve renewals
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to identify challenges and opportunities to continue improving the customer experience
What we think is true about you:
- Proven and relevant customer success leadership experience, in a high-growth, high performing and fast-paced SaaS environment
- Experience partnering with Product and Product Marketing to influence customer lifetime value through higher product adoption, customer satisfaction and overall health scores
- Demonstrated ability to move customers and staff from a high touch support/success environment to a DIY model
- Senior Management presence with a high degree of professional maturity and demonstrated ability leading a customer facing team — strong people management, coaching and development experience
- Superior organizational skills, strong project management skills and the ability to independently lead and drive projects to completion
- Previous experience selling into or driving strategy with executive stakeholders
- High level of business acumen and understanding of change management, emotional intelligence, and education and/or corporate markets
- Experience fostering a culture of collaboration, over-achievement, and continuous learning, while aligning with company KPIs
Mutual respect and reciprocation is the lifeblood of our company. And a working relationship isn’t just about what you can do for us - it’s also about who we are, and what we can do for you.
Who we are:
• ThoughtExchange is the only Enterprise Discussion Management platform powered by patented anti-bias technology. Modern leaders use ThoughtExchange to quickly gain critical insights and improve strategic decision making.
• Over 160 inspired people work at ThoughtExchange. Their collective experience, ranging from academia to nonprofit to “I’m a high-school dropout who loves Brené Brown’s work and really wants to make a difference”, make our company the very special place it is.
• Our investors believe in us, too. We’ve previously closed over $18M of investment from some of Canada’s top angels, and we recently closed $34 million in Series B funding with a syndicate of incredible US and Canadian investors. To say that we are ready for take off is an understatement.
What we offer:
• Growth and opportunity. Sure, we offer perks such as training and professional development. But beyond that, you’ll find yourself surrounded by mentors from all walks of life, each with a unique set of skills and experience that brought them here.
• Community. We like getting to know one another both in and out of the workplace, whether it’s collaborating in our virtual company meetings, connecting over donut dates or getting together in our offices or on the road.
• Fulfillment. It’s hard to find yourself counting down the days until Friday when you can see and feel the impact what you’re doing makes on the world. Take a skim through our blog and see what we mean.
• Job satisfaction. We don’t mean to brag, but people love working here.
• Work and life. If we’re not able to take work out of our life when we need to, we’re not able to put our life into our work when we want to. With flex time and remote work opportunities, make anywhere your office.
• Ownership. In addition to competitive pay and benefits, employees receive share options when joining the company. Additional options are awarded throughout your ThoughtExchange career based on ongoing contributions to the company.
At ThoughtExchange, we make better decisions and build better products by supporting, encouraging and celebrating the diverse voices of our employees. We recognize that we have more work to do to create a workforce that truly represents those who our product serves and the communities we live in. We strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply.