Business Development Representative
Marketing & Product Management – Business Development /
We are looking for ambitious, creative and motivated individuals to join our growing Business Development Representative (BDR) team at ThoughtExchange. Ideally the candidates will have some experience with prospecting, but more importantly we are targeting individuals with strong communications & time-management skills and who are self-starters eager to work for one of Canada’s fastest growing companies.
ThoughtExchange is one of Canada’s fastest growing companies and is the only Enterprise Discussion Management platform powered by patented anti-bias technology. Modern leaders use ThoughtExchange to quickly gain critical insights and improve strategic decision making. With backing from some of the top investors in North America, ThoughtExchange is trusted by leaders across the globe to drive pivotal discussions at scale.
As a BDR at ThoughtExchange, you'll have a direct impact on the growth of our company by seeking new business opportunities, building pipelines and developing relationships to provide value to leads. You’ll convert high quality sales conversations into closed deals within existing markets and new verticals. You will work closely with our Director of BD and our talented BDR team and have the opportunity for ownership and creative license to determine how best to do your part.
- Lead generation including 1:1 email, phone communications and social outreach with prospects
- Conduct discovery calls to develop strong relationship foundations and help accelerate pipeline growth
- Follow up and convert inbound leads to qualified sales opportunities for Inside Sales Executives and Account Executives
- Manage, track and reports sales activities and results in the CRM
- Support the nurturing of long-term opportunities and relationships in the sales pipeline
- Support Marketing initiatives to help grow inbound opportunities and increase the company profile and awareness
- Adhere to a clear and achievable progression plan over the first 12 months
- Support our anti racism and diversity, equity & inclusion (ADEI) mandate by (at a minimum) being aware of our ADEI commitment and initiatives, and completing all mandatory ADEI trainings
Skills & Experience:
- 1-2 years of work experience, previous BDR or SDR experience is a bonus
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Not afraid to go the extra mile to get your prospects attention with creativity, persistence and grit
- Strong organizational ability with pipeline management skills
- Strong business acumen combined with deep-listening skills and a natural curiosity
- Highly collaborative team player who is eager to work in a fast-paced and high-growth sales environment
- Group facilitation and/or speaking experience is a plus
- Previous experience in lead generation, appointment setting, email content creation and social selling is a bonus
- Familiarity with how it feels to be a leader will also be helpful
- If you have experience with any tools from our BDR toolkit, that’s a bonus! Our BDR Toolkit: Salesforce, Gong, Google suite, Slack, Zoom, Linkedin Sales Navigator and using Linkedin & Twitter for social selling
At ThoughtExchange, we make better decisions and build better products by supporting, encouraging and celebrating the diverse voices of our employees. We recognize that we have more work to do to create a workforce that truly represents those who our product serves and the communities we live in. We strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply.
Mutual respect and reciprocation are the lifeblood of our company. And a working relationship isn’t just about what you can do for us - it’s also about who we are, and what we can do for you.
Who we are:
• Over 175 inspired people work at ThoughtExchange. Their collective experience, ranging from academia to nonprofit to “I’m a high-school dropout who loves Brené Brown’s work and really wants to make a difference”, make our company the very special place it is.
• Our investors believe in us, too. We’ve previously closed over $18M of investment from some of Canada’s top angels, and we recently closed $34 million in Series B funding with a syndicate of incredible US and Canadian investors. To say that we are ready for take off is an understatement.
What we offer:
• Growth and opportunity. Sure, we offer perks such as training and professional development. But beyond that, you’ll find yourself surrounded by mentors from all walks of life, each with a unique set of skills and experience that brought them here.
• Community. We like getting to know one another both in and out of the workplace, whether it’s collaborating in our virtual company meetings, connecting over donut dates or getting together in our offices or on the road.
• Fulfillment. It’s hard to find yourself counting down the days until Friday when you can see and feel the impact what you’re doing makes on the world. Take a skim through our blog and see what we mean.
• Job satisfaction. We don’t mean to brag, but people love working here.
• Work and life. If we’re not able to take work out of our life when we need to, we’re not able to put our life into our work when we want to. With flex time and remote work opportunities, make anywhere your office.
• Ownership. In addition to competitive pay and benefits, employees receive share options when joining the company. Additional options are awarded throughout your ThoughtExchange career based on ongoing contributions to the company.