Sales Operations Manager
Operations – Revenue Operations /
We are seeking a highly engaged Sales Operations Manager to support a dynamic, evolving and rapidly growing Sales Team as we scale. In this full time position, you will report to the Director of Revenue Operations with our Sales Team leadership as your main stakeholders. You will also work cross-functionally and build relationships within the Revenue organization (Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, and Finance).
ThoughtExchange is one of Canada’s fastest growing companies and is the only Enterprise Discussion Management platform powered by patented anti-bias technology. Modern leaders use ThoughtExchange to quickly gain critical insights and improve strategic decision making. With backing from some of the top investors in North America, ThoughtExchange is trusted by leaders across the globe to drive pivotal discussions at scale.
You enjoy strategizing with leaders on things like sales methodology or how to structure compensation plans to drive behaviour, and getting your hands dirty doing things like building those same compensation plans in Excel and running reports in Salesforce. Your overarching goal is to improve sales productivity by enabling the sales team and sales leadership to work smarter and make better decisions through process improvements, sales technology, and data-based insights.
This role is remote and we require candidates to be based in Canada.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Partner with sales leaders on critical strategic and operational projects to improve sales productivity and drive operational efficiency
- Identify opportunities to improve sales effectiveness by evaluating and implementing new tools, and maintaining and enhancing existing technology
- Own and drive the annual sales operations planning cycle including things like sales coverage, territory design, quota setting, and commission planning in conjunction with sales leadership and finance team
- Further develop our ability to forecast sales accurately
- Provide data through reports, dashboards or other analyses for sales leaders uncovering trends and hypotheses related to increasing Account Executive and Account Manager productivity
- Provide insights and recommendations based on the data
- Work closely with the Salesforce team to ensure that our CRM is set up to most effectively support the operational needs of the Sales team
- Manage our sales tech stack, including liaising with vendors and working with IT to manage and support users
- Collaborate closely with our Sales Enablement team to support things like sales process improvements, sales skill development, and the roll-out of new tools or systems
- Coordinate cross-functionally across revenue teams with competing priorities (Marketing, Sales and Customer Success) to accelerate sales performance and revenue growth
- Support our anti racism and diversity, equity & inclusion (ADEI) mandate by (at a minimum) being aware of our ADEI commitment and initiatives, and completing all mandatory ADEI trainings
This is who we think you are:
- Excited about the opportunity to build out and scale the sales operations function at ThoughtExchange
- Hands-on knowledge of sales principles, practices, tactics, and tools, as well as strong business acumen
- Natural curiosity, strong critical thinking skills, and extremely resourceful problem solving
- Obsessed with details, data collection and analysis; you've created reports or dashboards to generate useful insights for a sales team
- Highly organized self-starter with the ability to work remotely in a cross functional, team-based environment
- Collaborative with excellent stakeholder management skills - you interact effectively with all levels of management and all functional areas
- Communicate complex concepts easily, and generate solutions quickly and thoroughly
- Strong Excel skills (everything from data cleansing to analysis) and generally tech savvy
- Adept at managing multiple complex, fast moving projects, and cross-functional collaboration
- Have a history of leaving things better than you found them - you're an automator and optimizer by nature
- Highly flexible when faced with ambiguity and complexity, with the ability to both improvise and iterate - we are a startup after all!
Preferred qualifications and experiences:
- Successfully supported a growing, fast-paced Sales team in a Revenue Operations, Sales Operations, or Sales Enablement role
- Experience in a SaaS software or other technology company that does B2B sales
- Bachelor degree
At ThoughtExchange, we make better decisions and build better products by supporting, encouraging and celebrating the diverse voices of our employees. We recognize that we have more work to do to create a workforce that truly represents those who our product serves and the communities we live in. We strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply.
Mutual respect and reciprocation are the lifeblood of our company. And a working relationship isn’t just about what you can do for us - it’s also about who we are, and what we can do for you.
Who we are:
• Over 175 inspired people work at ThoughtExchange. Their collective experience, ranging from academia to nonprofit to “I’m a high-school dropout who loves Brené Brown’s work and really wants to make a difference”, make our company the very special place it is.
• Our investors believe in us, too. We’ve previously closed over $18M of investment from some of Canada’s top angels, and we recently closed $34 million in Series B funding with a syndicate of incredible US and Canadian investors. To say that we are ready for take off is an understatement.
What we offer:
• Growth and opportunity. Sure, we offer perks such as training and professional development. But beyond that, you’ll find yourself surrounded by mentors from all walks of life, each with a unique set of skills and experience that brought them here.
• Community. We like getting to know one another both in and out of the workplace, whether it’s collaborating in our virtual company meetings, connecting over donut dates or getting together in our offices or on the road.
• Fulfillment. It’s hard to find yourself counting down the days until Friday when you can see and feel the impact what you’re doing makes on the world. Take a skim through our blog and see what we mean.
• Job satisfaction. We don’t mean to brag, but people love working here.
• Work and life. If we’re not able to take work out of our life when we need to, we’re not able to put our life into our work when we want to. With flex time and remote work opportunities, make anywhere your office.
• Ownership. In addition to competitive pay and benefits, employees receive share options when joining the company. Additional options are awarded throughout your ThoughtExchange career based on ongoing contributions to the company.