R&D – Product /
We are looking for a talented & creative UX/UI designer with 3+ years of experience to become an integral part of our Product Team at ThoughtExchange. You’ll have the opportunity to influence product design in a fast-paced environment by striking the right balance between the functional and the emotional—always keeping our users and their goals in mind.
ThoughtExchange is one of Canada’s fastest growing companies and is the only Enterprise Discussion Management platform powered by patented anti-bias technology. Modern leaders use ThoughtExchange to quickly gain critical insights and improve strategic decision making. With backing from some of the top investors in North America, ThoughtExchange is trusted by leaders across the globe to drive pivotal discussions at scale.
Reporting to the Product Feature Manager, you will work with our UX/UI team, product feature owners, developers and customers. You will play a major role in the overall product design of our software using your creativity, design principles, and talent in creating a functional and delightful user experience.
This role is remote and open to candidates based in Canada.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Conduct user research in support of the roadmap vision to validate and refine with user-driven metrics
- Establish workflows and designs based on best practices and research to deliver user-centric solutions
- Prepare and present design ideas to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Execute and analyze usability tests
- Create wireframe prototypes and high fidelity mockups
- Contribute to discovery activities, reviewing customer feedback and data analytics
- Work closely with developers to ensure a great user experience
- Continually learn and grow to ensure we're always delivering the highest value product to our customers
- Support our anti racism and diversity, equity & inclusion (ADEI) mandate by (at a minimum) being aware of our ADEI commitment and initiatives, and completing all mandatory ADEI trainings
What we think is true about you:
- Degree or diploma in a UX/UI/design related discipline, or equivalent demonstrable experience
- 3+ years experience in creating and implementing UX/UI designExperience with usability testing, user interviews and other methods of user research
- Strong work portfolio that demonstrates creative design thinking as well as a deep understanding of UI/UX best practices
- Strong work portfolio that demonstrates experience with SaaS solutions, creative design thinking as well as a deep understanding of UX/UI best practices
- Exceptional communication skills including written, verbal, and presentation
- Be a great team player and can work well on a collaborative team
- Able to merge business requirements with conceptual ideas and distill them into meaningful product design
- A proven track record of being responsive and decisive
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong ability to recognize and predict use cases and user interaction, including happy path as well as edge and corner cases, and incorporate them into designs
- Experience with current design tools (Sketch, Invision, Mouseflow or similar)
- Experience with software development requirements, Material UI and React framework is preferred
At ThoughtExchange, we make better decisions and build better products by supporting, encouraging and celebrating the diverse voices of our employees. We recognize that we have more work to do to create a workforce that truly represents those who our product serves and the communities we live in. We strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply.
Mutual respect and reciprocation are the lifeblood of our company. And a working relationship isn’t just about what you can do for us - it’s also about who we are, and what we can do for you.
Who we are:
• Over 175 inspired people work at ThoughtExchange. Their collective experience, ranging from academia to nonprofit to “I’m a high-school dropout who loves Brené Brown’s work and really wants to make a difference”, make our company the very special place it is.
• Our investors believe in us, too. We’ve previously closed over $18M of investment from some of Canada’s top angels, and we recently closed $34 million in Series B funding with a syndicate of incredible US and Canadian investors. To say that we are ready for take off is an understatement.
What we offer:
• Growth and opportunity. Sure, we offer perks such as training and professional development. But beyond that, you’ll find yourself surrounded by mentors from all walks of life, each with a unique set of skills and experience that brought them here.
• Community. We like getting to know one another both in and out of the workplace, whether it’s collaborating in our virtual company meetings, connecting over donut dates or getting together in our offices or on the road.
• Fulfillment. It’s hard to find yourself counting down the days until Friday when you can see and feel the impact what you’re doing makes on the world. Take a skim through our blog and see what we mean.
• Job satisfaction. We don’t mean to brag, but people love working here.
• Work and life. If we’re not able to take work out of our life when we need to, we’re not able to put our life into our work when we want to. With flex time and remote work opportunities, make anywhere your office.
• Ownership. In addition to competitive pay and benefits, employees receive share options when joining the company. Additional options are awarded throughout your ThoughtExchange career based on ongoing contributions to the company.