Service – Specialists
At Thoughtexchange, we are focused on empowering our customers to lead group discussions about things that matter. As a key member of our team, you bring enthusiasm, consistency and professionalism to the role. You are eager to learn new things and to tackle a variety of tasks required to support the Thoughtexchange Team.
This is an on-call contract position, and compensation is an hourly wage. We are flexible about the hours you would be available and may also need support on evenings and weekends. If this sounds like the opportunity you’re looking for, we would love to hear from you!
What you'll be doing
- As thoughts are shared by participants in an exchange, you will read each thought and approve them to the Star step, where everyone in the exchange can read and rate others’ thoughts. We call this, moderation.
- Learn to use our software and create exchange previews
- Assist our Service Team in creating a variety of documents in preparation for an exchange
- Entering information into databases
- Follow up on tasks and activities to ensure they’re properly completed
- Work with other teams to assist on a variety of tasks
- Executing a mixture of ad hoc tasks and adapting to constant change
- Deep reading comprehension
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Creative problem solver committed to going the extra mile
- Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and collaborative team player
- Experience with remote based teams an asset
This role is based out of our Rossland BC office and requires you to live locally.
Mutual respect and reciprocation is the lifeblood of our company. And a working relationship isn’t just about what you can do for us - it’s also about who we are, and what we can do for you.
Who we are:
· We’re a cloud-based software platform which enables customers to lead online group conversations with anywhere from five to fifty thousand people.
· Our patent-pending algorithms analyze large volumes of data to provide deep insights for our customers, allowing them to make informed decisions on things that matter within their communities and organizations.
· Over 140 inspired people work here. Their collective experience, ranging from academia to nonprofit to “I’m a high-school dropout who loves Brené Brown’s work and really wants to make a difference”, make our company the very special place it is.
· Our investors believe in us, too: we’ve closed over $18M of investment from some of Canada’s top angel investors.
What we offer:
• Growth and opportunity. Sure, we offer perks such as training and professional development. But beyond that, you’ll find yourself surrounded by mentors from all walks of life, each with a unique set of skills and experience that brought them here.
• Community. Whether it’s TGIF gatherings, bbqs, or a bunch of us hanging out in the office after hours to watercolour, watch the NHL playoffs or World Cup, or stick around after work and socialize, run, bike or ski, we like getting to know one another both in and out of the workplace.
• Fulfillment. It’s hard to find yourself counting down the days until Friday when you can see and feel the impact what you’re doing makes on the world. Take a skim through our blog and see what we mean.
• Job satisfaction. We don’t mean to brag, but people love working here.
• Work and life. If we’re not able to take work out of our life when we need to, we’re not able to put our life into our work when we want to. With flex time and remote work opportunities, make anywhere your office and collaborate with teammates in our four offices throughout the Lower Mainland and Kootenays.