Marketing & Product Management – Marketing /
ThoughtExchange is looking for an experienced, deadline-driven writer to join our marketing team. Reporting to the Senior Content Marketing Manager, you’ll be responsible for developing clear, compelling copy ranging from display advertising copy to long-form blog posts and resources. Previous experience with sourcing and interviewing subject matter experts is a big plus. We work in a fast-paced environment that occasionally requires quick turnarounds, so adaptability and organization is critical for success in this position. We are looking for a candidate who is proactive.
ThoughtExchange is one of Canada’s fastest growing companies and is the only Enterprise Discussion Management platform powered by patented anti-bias technology. Modern leaders use ThoughtExchange to quickly gain critical insights and improve strategic decision making. With backing from some of the top investors in North America, ThoughtExchange is trusted by leaders across the globe to drive pivotal discussions at scale.
Please note that you will be asked to submit writing samples if contacted by ThoughtExchange. This role is remote friendly and can be located anywhere in Canada.
In this role, you will:
- Write thoughtful, error-free content that reflects our brand’s voice
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects with short deadlines
- Interpret creative direction and adapt points from briefs into persuasive copy concepts
- Use SEO practices to optimize articles and increase visibility
- Proactively work to research and address identified content gaps
- Ability to self-start projects and collaborate with external customers, the rest of marketing, Customer Success, Sales and Product teams to develop a variety of content marketing materials
- Proactively identify opportunities for continuous improvement in content production quantity and quality
- Support our anti racism and diversity, equity & inclusion (ADEI) mandate by (at a minimum) being aware of our ADEI commitment and initiatives, and completing all mandatory ADEI trainings
This is who we think you are:
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to write with the target reader in mind
- Can maintain a conversational and approachable, yet professional, tone when engaging readers on subjects such as technology and leadership
- Proven experience with setting and meeting deadlines
- Strong attention to detail, meticulous grammar and proofreading skills
- Commitment to following and improving team processes
- Solid understanding of SEO concepts preferred
- Experience with B2B tech preferred
At ThoughtExchange, we make better decisions and build better products by supporting, encouraging and celebrating the diverse voices of our employees. We recognize that we have more work to do to create a workforce that truly represents those who our product serves and the communities we live in. We strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply.
Mutual respect and reciprocation are the lifeblood of our company. And a working relationship isn’t just about what you can do for us - it’s also about who we are, and what we can do for you.
Who we are:
• Over 175 inspired people work at ThoughtExchange. Their collective experience, ranging from academia to nonprofit to “I’m a high-school dropout who loves Brené Brown’s work and really wants to make a difference”, make our company the very special place it is.
• Our investors believe in us, too. We’ve previously closed over $18M of investment from some of Canada’s top angels, and we recently closed $34 million in Series B funding with a syndicate of incredible US and Canadian investors. To say that we are ready for take off is an understatement.
What we offer:
• Growth and opportunity. Sure, we offer perks such as training and professional development. But beyond that, you’ll find yourself surrounded by mentors from all walks of life, each with a unique set of skills and experience that brought them here.
• Community. We like getting to know one another both in and out of the workplace, whether it’s collaborating in our virtual company meetings, connecting over donut dates or getting together in our offices or on the road.
• Fulfillment. It’s hard to find yourself counting down the days until Friday when you can see and feel the impact what you’re doing makes on the world. Take a skim through our blog and see what we mean.
• Job satisfaction. We don’t mean to brag, but people love working here.
• Work and life. If we’re not able to take work out of our life when we need to, we’re not able to put our life into our work when we want to. With flex time and remote work opportunities, make anywhere your office.
• Ownership. In addition to competitive pay and benefits, employees receive share options when joining the company. Additional options are awarded throughout your ThoughtExchange career based on ongoing contributions to the company.