R&D – Development
We are looking for an experienced, talented and super rad UX designer to become an integral part of our Product Team. You’ll have the opportunity to influence the product design in a fast-paced environment by striking the right balance between the functional and the emotional—always keeping our users and their goals in mind.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Create end-to-end designs from low-fidelity sketching/wire-framing through to high-fidelity pixel perfect visual design
- Play a major role in the overall product design of our software using your creativity, design principles, and talent in creating a functional and delightful user experience
- Present and defend your design decisions. All of your design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles
- Contribute to discovery activities, reviewing customer feedback and data analytics
- Work closely with developers to implement and perfect a great user experience, with the goal of increasing customer value and reducing documentation where we can
- Collaborate with Product Feature Owners to understand business requirements and support delivery within development cycles
- Continually learn and grow to ensure we're always delivering the highest value product to our customers
Our Ideal Candidate
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in creating and implementing UX/UI design
- Strong work portfolio that demonstrates creative design thinking as well as a deep understanding of UI/UX best practices
- Be a great team player, experienced in working with collaborative teams. Ability to work closely with product feature owners, developers, copywriters, and customers
- Able to merge business requirements with conceptual ideas and distill them into meaningful product design
- A proven track record of being responsive and decisive
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong ability to recognize and predict use cases and user interaction, including happy path as well as edge and corner cases, and incorporate them into designs
- Up-to-date knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Sketch, Adobe CC))
- Experience with software development requirements, Material UI and React framework is preferred
- User research experience is also an asset
Mutual respect and reciprocation is the lifeblood of our company. And a working relationship isn’t just about what you can do for us - it’s also about who we are, and what we can do for you.
Who we are:
• We’re a cloud-based software platform which enables customers to lead online group conversations with anywhere from five to fifty thousand people.
• Our patented algorithms analyze large volumes of data to provide deep insights for our customers, allowing them to make informed decisions on things that matter within their communities and organizations.
• Over 140 inspired people work here. Their collective experience, ranging from academia to nonprofit to “I’m a high-school dropout who loves Brené Brown’s work and really wants to make a difference”, make our company the very special place it is.
• Our investors believe in us, too. We’ve previously closed over $18M of investment from some of Canada’s top angels and we just closed a $20M Series B with a syndicate of incredible US and Canadian investors. To say that we are ready for take off is an understatement.
What we offer:
• Growth and opportunity. Sure, we offer perks such as training and professional development. But beyond that, you’ll find yourself surrounded by mentors from all walks of life, each with a unique set of skills and experience that brought them here.
• Community. Whether it’s TGIF gatherings, bbqs, or a bunch of us hanging out in the office after hours to watercolour, watch the NHL playoffs or World Cup, or stick around after work and socialize, run, bike or ski, we like getting to know one another both in and out of the workplace.
• Fulfillment. It’s hard to find yourself counting down the days until Friday when you can see and feel the impact what you’re doing makes on the world. Take a skim through our blog and see what we mean.
• Job satisfaction. We don’t mean to brag, but people love working here.
• Work and life. If we’re not able to take work out of our life when we need to, we’re not able to put our life into our work when we want to. With flex time and remote work opportunities, make anywhere your office and collaborate with teammates in our three offices throughout the Lower Mainland and Kootenays.
At Thoughtexchange, we make better decisions and build better products by supporting, encouraging and celebrating the diverse voices of our employees. We recognize that we have more work to do to create a workforce that truly represents those who our product serves and the communities we live in. We strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply.