Email Marketing Manager
Marketing & Product Management – Marketing /
We’re on the hunt for an email marketing manager with a growth mindset, an ownership mentality and a love for hands-on execution work. Is that you? We would love to meet you!
ThoughtExchange is one of Canada’s fastest growing companies and is the only Enterprise Discussion Management platform powered by patented anti-bias technology. Modern leaders use ThoughtExchange to quickly gain critical insights and improve strategic decision making. With backing from some of the top investors in North America, ThoughtExchange is trusted by leaders across the globe to drive pivotal discussions at scale.
We are designing and building an entirely new category of software-as-a-service (SaaS). This role offers you the chance to build and strengthen our email marketing automation in relatively unexplored territory, with the goal of owning this space as it grows.
Initially, your focus will be to understand “where we are” by auditing our existing marketing automation and ‘one-to-many’ email marketing channels, conversations and footprint to ensure that we are in-line with current best practices for a top-ranking SaaS company. This includes audience analysis, segmentation, workflows, competitive analysis, data and metrics frameworks, reporting and devising the plan to reach “optimized.”
Reporting to the Digital Marketing Lead, you will build relationships and work closely with the digital marketing and content teams to execute a comprehensive email marketing strategy. Once the foundational work is complete, you will then begin planning, constructing, testing, sending and leaning into email to take us from “participating” to “leading” in this area. This will include strategic ideation, growth experiments, tracking conversions and more.
Note: This role is remote and open to candidates in Canada.
In this role, you will:
- Execute the day-to-day email marketing projects aligned with our brand and campaign goals and in support of cross-team priorities
- Strategize and maintain an email marketing calendar
- Conceive, setup, test, execute and report on recurring and triggered email nurture campaigns
- Devise experiments and execute on growth and optimization tests to improve our segmentation, targeting and deliverability
- Understand and contribute to our automated campaign frameworks, lead routing, lead scoring and data management between our systems
- Collaborate on and contribute to initiatives regarding the health and upkeep of our contact and lead databases
- Most importantly, develop your own ideas, creative insights, feedback and opinions to contribute to our digital marketing strategies and efforts
- Support our anti racism and diversity, equity & inclusion (ADEI) mandate by (at a minimum) being aware of our ADEI commitment and initiatives, and completing all mandatory ADEI trainings
This is who we think you are:
- You have a growth mindset with a positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit
- Full-time experience in email marketing and/or marketing automation
- You can demonstrate knowledge and use of marketing automation platforms and CRM platforms, preferably Salesforce
- You can demonstrate experience in developing and maintaining contact databases, marketing lists, segmentation parameters and other campaign-related items
- You can demonstrate your understanding of marketing automation analytics, email marketing analytics and key performance indicators relating to the health and growth of automated marketing channels
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with a high attention to detail and accuracy
At ThoughtExchange, we make better decisions and build better products by supporting, encouraging and celebrating the diverse voices of our employees. We recognize that we have more work to do to create a workforce that truly represents those who our product serves and the communities we live in. We strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply.
Mutual respect and reciprocation are the lifeblood of our company. And a working relationship isn’t just about what you can do for us - it’s also about who we are, and what we can do for you.
Who we are:
• Over 175 inspired people work at ThoughtExchange. Their collective experience, ranging from academia to nonprofit to “I’m a high-school dropout who loves Brené Brown’s work and really wants to make a difference”, make our company the very special place it is.
• Our investors believe in us, too. We’ve previously closed over $18M of investment from some of Canada’s top angels, and we recently closed $34 million in Series B funding with a syndicate of incredible US and Canadian investors. To say that we are ready for take off is an understatement.
What we offer:
• Growth and opportunity. Sure, we offer perks such as training and professional development. But beyond that, you’ll find yourself surrounded by mentors from all walks of life, each with a unique set of skills and experience that brought them here.
• Community. We like getting to know one another both in and out of the workplace, whether it’s collaborating in our virtual company meetings, connecting over donut dates or getting together in our offices or on the road.
• Fulfillment. It’s hard to find yourself counting down the days until Friday when you can see and feel the impact what you’re doing makes on the world. Take a skim through our blog and see what we mean.
• Job satisfaction. We don’t mean to brag, but people love working here.
• Work and life. If we’re not able to take work out of our life when we need to, we’re not able to put our life into our work when we want to. With flex time and remote work opportunities, make anywhere your office.
• Ownership. In addition to competitive pay and benefits, employees receive share options when joining the company. Additional options are awarded throughout your ThoughtExchange career based on ongoing contributions to the company.