Social Media Manager
Sales & Marketing – Marketing /
We’re on the hunt for a social media manager with a growth mindset, an ownership mentality and a love for hands-on execution work. Is that you? We would love to meet you!
Thoughtexchange is the world’s most advanced crowd communication software company. We help leaders listen to the unheard voices and tap into the collective intelligence of their communities. Millions of thoughts have been shared and rated on the Thoughtexchange platform and, with a fresh round of financing, Thoughtexchange is ready to scale.
We are the first mover in an entirely new category of SaaS software. This role offers you the chance to build and strengthen our organic social media presence in relatively unexplored territory, with the goal of owning this space as it grows.
Initially, your focus will be to understand “where we are” by auditing our existing social media posts, channels, conversations and footprint to ensure that we are in-line with current best practices for a top-ranking SaaS company. This includes audience analysis, competitive analysis, data and metrics frameworks, reporting and devising the plan to reach “optimized.”
Reporting to the Digital Marketing Lead, you will build relationships and work closely with the digital marketing and content teams to execute a comprehensive social media strategy. Once the foundational work is complete, you will then begin planning, posting, testing, replying and leaning into social conversations to take us from “participating” to “leading” in organic social mindshare. This will include content ideation, growth experiments and more.
Down the road, you will also have the opportunity to apply your organic social media work to influence and execute paid social strategies, ensuring that we capture and convert as much high-intent traffic in our space as possible.
If you enjoy wearing the “strategic hat” but also have a “get s*** done” attitude, then this role is for you.
This role is remote and can be located anywhere in Canada.
In this role, you will:
- Strategize, manage, develop and execute a multi-channel content calendar across our social platforms that both supports our digital marketing campaigns and tells the Thoughtexchange story in our aesthetic and voice
- Engage and interact with our existing customer and follower communities to provide friendly, responsive and timely service
- Conceptualize experiments and execute on growth and optimization tests to improve our audience growth, reach, retention and engagement
- Engage in research, strategy development and planning across all social channels, and work with the creative and other internal teams to execute on your plans
- Own the responsibility for all metrics and KPIs related to organic social performance, as well as analyzing and reporting these through the building of live dashboards, presentations and other means
- Work to understand local, regional and industry-specific market nuances to help determine the best path forward for social media and digital marketing initiatives
- Most importantly, develop your own ideas, creative insights, feedback and opinions to contribute to our digital marketing strategies and efforts
This is who we think you are:
- You have a growth mindset and a deep passion for continued learning in the digital marketing field
- You have a minimum of 3 years of full-time experience in social media management, preferably in the technology industry
- You can demonstrate knowledge and experience in posting and engagement across all major social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube
- You can demonstrate experience in developing content calendars and other social media strategies for key “one-off” events, for significant company news, and for the longer term
- You can demonstrate your understanding of social media analytics and key performance indicators relating to the health and growth of social channels
- You are familiar with social media tools such as Salesforce Social Studio, Radian6, Hootsuite and/or Buffer
- You are high-energy, with a positive attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with a high attention to detail and accuracy
Mutual respect and reciprocation is the lifeblood of our company. And a working relationship isn’t just about what you can do for us - it’s also about who we are, and what we can do for you.
Who we are:
• Thoughtexchange is the world’s most advanced crowd communication software company, we help leaders listen to the unheard voices and tap into the collective intelligence of their companies and communities. Millions of thoughts have been shared and rated on the Thoughtexchange platform.
• Over 160 inspired people work at Thoughtexchange. Their collective experience, ranging from academia to nonprofit to “I’m a high-school dropout who loves Brené Brown’s work and really wants to make a difference”, make our company the very special place it is.
• Our investors believe in us, too. We’ve previously closed over $18M of investment from some of Canada’s top angels, and we recently closed $30 million in Series B funding with a syndicate of incredible US and Canadian investors. To say that we are ready for take off is an understatement.
What we offer:
• Growth and opportunity. Sure, we offer perks such as training and professional development. But beyond that, you’ll find yourself surrounded by mentors from all walks of life, each with a unique set of skills and experience that brought them here.
• Community. We like getting to know one another both in and out of the workplace, whether it’s collaborating in our virtual company meetings, connecting over donut dates or getting together in our offices or on the road.
• Fulfillment. It’s hard to find yourself counting down the days until Friday when you can see and feel the impact what you’re doing makes on the world. Take a skim through our blog and see what we mean.
• Job satisfaction. We don’t mean to brag, but people love working here.
• Work and life. If we’re not able to take work out of our life when we need to, we’re not able to put our life into our work when we want to. With flex time and remote work opportunities, make anywhere your office and collaborate with teammates in our three offices throughout the Lower Mainland and Kootenays.
• Ownership. In addition to competitive pay and benefits, employees receive share options when joining the company. Additional options are awarded throughout your Thoughtexchange career based on ongoing contributions to the company.
At Thoughtexchange, we make better decisions and build better products by supporting, encouraging and celebrating the diverse voices of our employees. We recognize that we have more work to do to create a workforce that truly represents those who our product serves and the communities we live in. We strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply.