Customer Success Manager
Sales – Customer Success /
At ThoughtExchange, we are passionate about our customers and inspired to help leaders drive change and give people a voice. Our goal is to create lifelong customers and our Customer Success Managers (CSMs) play an imperative role in supporting this goal by building and fostering strong customer relationships.
ThoughtExchange is one of Canada’s fastest growing companies and is the only Enterprise Discussion Management platform powered by patented anti-bias technology. Modern leaders use ThoughtExchange to quickly gain critical insights and improve strategic decision making. With backing from some of the top investors in North America, ThoughtExchange is trusted by leaders across the globe to drive pivotal discussions at scale.
We are looking for a CSM who has impeccable relationship-building, negotiation and objection handling skills, is a problem solver not afraid to think outside the box and is customer centric in everything they do. The ideal CSM candidate will act as the voice of the customer internally and take a 360 view of the customer by focusing on leading indicators that influence customer churn, engagement and growth. Finally, the candidate should value and practice transparent leadership and continuously strive to grow professionally and personally.
Please note this role is open to candidates based in Canada.
- Lead customer onboarding on ThoughtExchange’s solutions and provide ongoing training to support consistent adoption & expansion opportunities
- Partner with Account Managers (AMs) to drive renewals and upsells by seeking out upsell opportunities to grow annual contract value (ACV). A successful partnership with Account Managers also includes segmenting the customer base in order to prioritize each other’s time to focus on growing and supporting accounts
- Identify the key contacts and partners on each account and understand their strategic goals, opportunities and challenges
- Use data and leading indicators to identify customers' risk and proactively work to increase customer health
- Identify and share opportunities that will help us scale as a Customer Success team
- Advocate for customer needs and features to internal teams
- Deliver engaging virtual and/or on-site events and promote attendance at ThoughtExchange events (Virtual Events & Summits)
- Accurate and timely maintenance of Salesforce and other CRM tools to track, monitor and coordinate activities that are attributed to the health of the account including churn, logins, utilization and support tickets
- Support our anti racism and diversity, equity & inclusion (ADEI) mandate by (at a minimum) being aware of our ADEI commitment and initiatives, and completing all mandatory ADEI trainings
What we think the ideal candidate will bring to the role:
- Experience training on software and delivering client-centric solutions based on identified needs
- Strong project management skills and proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Social & emotional intelligence to empathize and deeply listen with curiousity to the customer’s requirements
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Experience with negotiation and relationship-building
- Strong collaboration skills and familiarity in coaching others
- A keen aptitude for ruthless prioritization
- Thrives with constant change and seeks continuous improvement
- Strong technology skills
Travel requirements (as it’s safe to do so):
- Ability to attend in person ThoughtExchange Events several times a year
- Facilitate customer events when needed
At ThoughtExchange, we make better decisions and build better products by supporting, encouraging and celebrating the diverse voices of our employees. We recognize that we have more work to do to create a workforce that truly represents those who our product serves and the communities we live in. We strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply.
Mutual respect and reciprocation are the lifeblood of our company. And a working relationship isn’t just about what you can do for us - it’s also about who we are, and what we can do for you.
Who we are:
• Over 175 inspired people work at ThoughtExchange. Their collective experience, ranging from academia to nonprofit to “I’m a high-school dropout who loves Brené Brown’s work and really wants to make a difference”, make our company the very special place it is.
• Our investors believe in us, too. We’ve previously closed over $18M of investment from some of Canada’s top angels, and we recently closed $34 million in Series B funding with a syndicate of incredible US and Canadian investors. To say that we are ready for take off is an understatement.
What we offer:
• Growth and opportunity. Sure, we offer perks such as training and professional development. But beyond that, you’ll find yourself surrounded by mentors from all walks of life, each with a unique set of skills and experience that brought them here.
• Community. We like getting to know one another both in and out of the workplace, whether it’s collaborating in our virtual company meetings, connecting over donut dates or getting together in our offices or on the road.
• Fulfillment. It’s hard to find yourself counting down the days until Friday when you can see and feel the impact what you’re doing makes on the world. Take a skim through our blog and see what we mean.
• Job satisfaction. We don’t mean to brag, but people love working here.
• Work and life. If we’re not able to take work out of our life when we need to, we’re not able to put our life into our work when we want to. With flex time and remote work opportunities, make anywhere your office.
• Ownership. In addition to competitive pay and benefits, employees receive share options when joining the company. Additional options are awarded throughout your ThoughtExchange career based on ongoing contributions to the company.