Content Lead (Maternity Cover)
London, UK /
Brand – Content /
Fixed term contract
At Thread we’ve set out to rethink clothes shopping for the digital age. By combining talented stylists, powerful AI, and a marketplace with one of the largest fashion ranges in the world we’ve created a truly unique online platform that gives everyone in the world their own personal clothes store. A store where everything suits you, fits you and works with what you already own. A store that gives you confidence in the choices you are making, inspires you to step out of your comfort zone, and helps you feel your best every time you get dressed.
Over 1 million people (and counting!) use Thread. We’ve recently launched womenswear which is growing faster than our menswear business and, for 25% of our customers, we’ve become the only way they shop. There’s a $10bn+ opportunity globally to build the Spotify of retail, and we’re leading the way.
We’re hiring a Content Lead (Maternity Cover) to oversee the content direction and strategy, joining on a one year fixed term contract. You will be enthused to brief and create content that inspires and engages users and helps make it easier for them to dress well. You will oversee our editorial and social media functions, as well as oversee copy across our Ideas page, paid social, and emails. Nurturing a strong team of full time and freelance writers, you will support their development by sharing feedback and creating an environment of trust and transparency.
As Content Lead you will sit on our larger brand team and autonomously lead on all things content. You will lead a small team of writers and coordinate content creation with styling, creative, marketing, and product teams all the while being a champion of our exceptional values-driven culture.
What will you be doing?
- Manage our team of full-time and freelance writers, supporting their development
- Define our campaign themes each quarter
- Define and brief the content calendars, including editorial and social
- Oversee our organic social channels
- Oversee our Ideas page copy
- Manage personalised style advice forward as part of a Product-led team
- Brief our quarterly editorial shoots
- Oversee our organic video content
- Edit all copy, including CRM, editorial, and paid social
- Oversee the content budget
- Field ad-hoc copy and content requests
- Serve as a tone of voice guardian
What are we looking for?
- 7+ years of content experience
- Experience managing and developing a team
- Experience in fashion preferred
- Experience overseeing editorial and social media
- Experience managing video content
- Great interpersonal skills