Senior Data Scientist, Data Products & Machine Learning
San Francisco, CA
Engineering – Engineering - Data
thredUP is the largest online marketplace for secondhand clothing. We make buying and selling a cinch for millions of women across the globe. The company resells more than 35,000 brands across hundreds of categories at up to 90% off the original retail value. Headquartered in downtown San Francisco and backed by world-class investors, thredUP is reinventing the secondhand clothing industry and inspiring a new generation of consumers to think secondhand first.
About the Role
At thredUP, our mission is to inspire a new generation to think secondhand first, and data is critical to our success. We are seeking a curious and creative data scientist to join our team and build data products that drive critical business decisions company-wide. You will be working with a highly interdisciplinary team of data scientists, software engineers, analysts, and marketers. This role will involve building and refining the algorithms that drive our ad tech, marketing, and personalization efforts.
- Implement end-to-end algorithmic solutions to drive marketing decisions around spend, channel performance and attribution, and user multi-touch attribution strategy
- Build out our customer intelligence layer to power our personalization systems by developing recommendation algorithms and dynamic customer segmentations
- Uncover insights hidden in our vast repository of raw data, and provide tactical guidance on how to act on findings
- Participate in our knowledge-sharing culture by spreading best practices and learnings from prior experiences, helping the entire team level up
- At least 5 years of experience in data science or software engineering roles developing production machine learning systems
- Masters or PhD in a relevant discipline, or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- Ability to effectively work with business leads: strong cross-functional communication skills that help push projects forward and encourage the development of new collaborations
- Well-rounded skill set in statistics, machine learning, production software development, marketing & ad tech, and product management
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and python, and experience writing code in a collaborative environment
At thredUP, our mission has been built on extending the lives of millions of unique clothing items. Much like our inventory, we believe diversity is key. As a diverse and inclusive workplace, we are committed to ensuring our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work every day. A unique perspective is critical to solving complex problems and inspiring a new generation to think secondhand first. Everyone is welcome - be you.