Director of Corporate Communications
New York, NY /
Marketing & Design – Marketing /
About the Role
The resale industry is at an inflection point and becoming a disruptive force in retail. As our Director of Corporate Communications, you will develop and drive our business narrative, sharing how thredUP is evolving closets of the future and creating a more sustainable future for fashion. You will own company and executive thought leadership programs and campaigns that reinforce thredUP as an industry leader and circular fashion pioneer.
Do you have experience telling compelling business stories and think thredUP’s annual Resale Report is fun, light reading? We want to hear from you. This role reports to our VP of Marketing Communications and works closely with the management team. This role can be based in either our Oakland, CA or New York office.
- Develop the corporate communications strategy for thredUP in partnership with the broader PR team.
- Craft unique stories that spotlight our business, culture, and thought leadership.
- Create and foster relationships with business and retail media and influencers.
- Drive thredUP’s widely-cited Annual Resale Report, giving context behind the size and trajectory of the secondhand market.
- Ensure approved corporate language are baked into all external facing comms.
- Serve as a thredUP spokesperson to business and retail media.
- Identify and secure key speaking opportunities and coach executives.
- Collaborate with partnerships (Resale-as-a-Service) team on business language to achieve growth goals.
- Track project results and influence the team and your business partners to apply key learnings to improve future programs.
- 8+ years of proven success developing and managing business media relations, thought leadership programs and corporate content creation.
- Ability to understand technological and operational innovation and translate into compelling storylines, messaging, and external communications strategies.
- Experience partnering with executives to develop business narratives.
- Equal parts qualitative and quantitative when approaching storytelling.
- Strong strategic thinking, writing, problem solving, technical, and analytical skills.
- Solid organizational skills: proven capability to manage everything from strategy to details.
- Scrappy, entrepreneurial spirit with aptitude and creativity to overcome obstacles with limited resources