San Francisco, CA
Product & Design – Product
thredUP, based in San Francisco, is the leading online marketplace for buying and selling like-new women’s and kids’ clothing. thredUP was founded in 2009 and currently employs nearly 1,000 people across its corporate office and four distribution centers. To date, thredUP has raised $125 million from top-tier investors, most recently closing an $81M equity investment from Goldman Sachs.
thredUP’s mission is to inspire a new generation of consumers to think secondhand first. We are achieving this mission being the most convenient solution for busy moms to “clean out” their closets, get organized and do good in the process. thredUP also has the widest and most affordable selection of secondhand clothes in all the name brands customers want to own, in like-new condition.
thredUP is growing rapidly, and has built a world-class team that includes investors and executives from Netflix, Virgin, DVF, GAP and Sephora. We are building the leader in the online secondhand apparel market, and we are just getting started.
About the Role:
We are seeking fun, fashionable and energetic people who want to be on the ground floor of a new thredUP initiative offering customers a personalized shopping service. Do you love to shop for friends and family? Do you love the hunt for that perfect piece? Do you get excited about finding secondhand items a second home? Our Personal Shopper position might be the perfect fit for you!
- Passionate about inspiring women to find their personal style
- Ability to style a wide-range of clients (including but not limited to petite and plus)
- Understanding of style categories (boho, casual, classic, preppy, trendy/edgy)
- Well-versed in a wide range of brands including brand style and brand price structure
- Ability to work independently
- Receptive to feedback
- Able to work a minimum of 10 hours per week
- Styling experience or related experience in merchandising, buying, or wardrobe styling required.
- Detailed oriented and client focused
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Tech-savvy and able to navigate a new web platform
- Interest in second-hand apparel
- Located in Bay Area and able to come to San Francisco office as necessary
Additional details: Ability to come to San Francisco as needed is required, though most work outside of that can be done remotely. Part-time to potential full-time contractor hours.