Retail – Retail
thredUP is the largest online marketplace for secondhand clothing. We make buying and selling a cinch for millions of women across the globe. The company resells more than 35,000 brands across hundreds of categories at up to 90% off the original retail value. Headquartered in downtown San Francisco and backed by world-class investors, thredUP is reinventing the secondhand clothing industry and inspiring a new generation of consumers to think secondhand first.
About the Role:
We are seeking fun, fashionable and energetic people who want to be on the ground floor of a new thredUP initiative offering customers a personalized shopping service. Do you love to shop for friends and family? Do you love the hunt for that perfect piece? Do you get excited about finding secondhand items a second home? Our Personal Shopper position might be the perfect fit for you!
- Passionate about inspiring women to find their personal style
- Ability to style a wide-range of clients (including but not limited to petite and plus)
- Understanding of style categories (boho, casual, classic, preppy, trendy/edgy)
- Well-versed in a wide range of brands including brand style and brand price structure
- Ability to work independently
- Receptive to feedback
- Ability to use technology tools to complement your creative styling experience
- Able to work 30-40 hours per week
- Styling experience or related experience in merchandising, buying or wardrobe styling required
- Detailed oriented and client focused
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Tech-savvy and able to navigate a new web platform
- Interest in second-hand apparel
At thredUP, our mission has been built on extending the lives of millions of unique clothing items. Much like our inventory, we believe diversity is key. As a diverse and inclusive workplace, we are committed to ensuring our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work every day. A unique perspective is critical to solving complex problems and inspiring a new generation to think secondhand first. Everyone is welcome - be you.
Additional details: This is a fully remote position that starts as contract to hire.
As of now we ONLY accepting applicants from the following states:
AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, GA, HI, IA, ID, KS, KY, LA, IL, IN, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NV, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, WI, WV, WY