Los Angeles, CA
Technology – Product
Thrive Causemetics was born out of a friendship. Makeup artist and product developer, Karissa Bodnar, lost her dear friend Kristy to cancer at just 24 years old. Kristy’s compassionate and vivacious spirit inspired Karissa to establish Thrive Causemetics, a beauty brand and philosophy that goes beyond skin deep by empowering women.
Thrive Causemetics is Bigger than Beauty: for every product you purchase, we donate to help a woman thrive. We believe changing the world starts with a single ingredient, and that’s why we create vegan, 100% cruelty-free formulas containing proven ingredients without the use of parabens or sulfates. All of our high-performance cosmetics are developed with our customer in mind. We control every step of the product development process.
We are a company that believes everyone is responsible for doing anything and everything to contribute to our team's success. This is why we thrive on a collaborative and cross-functional workplace. There is no such thing as "that's not my job" at Thrive Causemetics. We offer a culture rewarding our driven, hard-working team with special perks and benefits. Together, we prioritize strong work ethic while maintaining a positive, exciting environment where people are passionate about what they do.
- Work closely with product and design teams to iterate and improve thrivecausemetics.com
- Measure and resolve performance issues
- Evaluate, recommend, and execute on code quality improvements
- Own the code management process including deployments
- Assess and recommend technology investments
- Help set and maintain professional stands for the entire technology organization
- Hire, manage, and develop internal technical team
- Participate or lead outsourced technical projects from initial requirements through implementation
- Help put processes and documentation in place to improve communication and prepare the product team to support new features
- Identify integration opportunities and develop solutions for leveraging existing systems
- Review code written by other team members
- Refactor or improve existing code
- Experiment with new ways of overcoming technical limitations
- Lead technical trainings
- You’re dialed into the Shopify ecosystem and how to best utilize it
- Usually at least 8-12 years experience being a professional programmer in the specific domain
- Deep knowledge and technical experience on Shopify Plus
- Technically strong, ability to hire and coach junior developers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills