Senior Data Analyst (NY)
New York City /
Thrive Global is the leading behavior change technology company helping individuals and companies reach peak performance, ultimately ending the stress and burnout epidemic. We’re leading the global conversation about well-being and performance and creating tools and programs that help people go from knowing what to do to actually doing it.
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will deliver insights on audience behavior and company performance. This person will be responsible for daily, weekly, and monthly analysis that helps our content, sales, product, and tech. This person should enjoy working with all things data (BI, Queries, analyses, Looker, etc.) and be a big picture thinker who prides his/herself on being detail-oriented. This role reports to the Data Science/Analytics Manager.
Who You Are:
- A strategic thinker who can analyze both quantitative and qualitative data to inform stakeholders and drive actionable insights.
- A ruthless prioritizer who identifies the highest leverage projects and gets the job done.
- A believer in compassionate directness who gives and receives feedback with heart.
- Someone who is familiar with ETL process, and is able to navigate the data infrastructure.
- Someone who is always excited to partner and collaborate broadly with engineering, design, user research, product marketing, customer success, fellow product managers and company leadership.
- Someone who has strong statistical skills and BI knowledge (we use Looker).
How You'll Contribute:
- Build reports that scale within Looker, that prioritize common metrics within mobile apps, or sales.
- Create analyses that provide insights towards product, sales, etc., strategies.
- Establish the data analytics vision and strategy for our behavior change platform leveraging best practices, your domain expertise and technology.
- Identify and advise the product team with metrics you know to move the needle.
- Identify dependencies and build alignment across data and engineering teams, cross-functional partners and company leadership.
- Collaborate with Engineering and product to deliver on the expected OKRs/meet KPI goals.
- Get to know your users deeply and create cohesive user experiences.
- Implement best practices in our data analytics and full lifecycle of data.
- Communicate concisely and influence results.
- 5+ years of experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Self-starter, able to prioritize
- Must be strong in-person communicator and capable of handling challenges and problems on-the-go / without significant guidance.
- Strong time management skills, ability to think strategically and manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Experience with analytics, tracking and reporting KPIs of digital businesses and projects.
- Experience with A/B testing and audience segmentation
- Experience querying databases with SQL or through a like interface.
- Knowledge of data-gathering tools (i.e. Google Analytics, Parse.ly, Segment) and experience working with a technical team to collect relevant data.
- Demonstrated interest in and passion around topics including well-being, productivity, neuroscience, psychology, performance and wisdom
- Proactive, collaborative and eager to learn
- Passion for changing how we work and live
- Previous experience with Google Analytics, Parse.ly, Facebook Insights/Ads, Twitter Analytics, Instagram Analytics, LinkedIn Insights
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with Looker
- Experience with the ETL process
- Bonus: experience with BigQuery, Segment, and documentation.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Many opportunities to grow within the company and shape our growth strategy
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Three weeks vacation + 7 flex holidays (not including regular holidays)
- A human-centric culture inclusive of a range of wellness benefits
- Reaching hundreds of thousands of people (at well known companies) - and making a huge difference in their health and lives
Thrive Global’s mission is to end the stress and burnout epidemic by offering companies and individuals sustainable, science-based solutions to enhance well-being, performance, and purpose, and create a healthier relationship with technology. Recent science has shown that the pervasive belief that burnout is the price we must pay for success is a delusion. We know, instead, that when we prioritize our well-being, our decision-making, creativity, and productivity improve dramatically. Thrive Global is committed to accelerating the culture shift that allows people to reclaim their lives and move from merely surviving to thriving.