Sr. Merchandising Data Analyst
Los Angeles, CA
ABOUT THRIVE MARKET
Wholesome products at wholesale prices. Thrive Market is a membership e-commerce platform on a mission to make the world’s highest quality natural and organic products affordable for every American family. For $60/year, Thrive members get access to their favorite healthy snacks, supplements, home, beauty, and baby products at 30-50% off retail value—all shipped to their front door. As part of our Thrive Gives initiative, each paid membership on the site also sponsors a free membership for a low-income family.
Thrive Market’s Data Analytics team is seeking a Sr. Merchandising Data Analyst who will be an exceptional addition to our Merchandising team. Our ideal team member is someone who loves the hard problem of turning mounds of data into data stories, reports, and dashboards that our Team can use to improve KPIs such as member conversion, retention, product margin improvements, price elasticity, promotional analysis, category analysis, Member Lifetime Value by category and brand and overall member engagement. Using your own knowledge of industry best practices, you will influence overall business strategy. You should love business analysis, analytics, data modeling, and accelerating growth. This is an opportunity to help revolutionize how Thrive Market leverages its data to make strategic business and product decisions to grow the business. If you are someone who loves empowering others with data analysis and thrives on helping people find and understand the information they need at the moment they need it, then this is a great role for you.
- Partner with the Product Management, Data Science, Marketing and Merchandising teams to own Thrive Market merchandising analysis to provide in-depth insights on how we can improve the user experience and member engagement i.e. Site Merchandising, Taxonomy & Navigation
- Partner with Product Management, Data Science, Marketing and Technology teams to gather, manipulate, analyze and document raw, complex data and share cohesive data stories that make sense to business and technical audiences
- Leverage external industry data to identify assortment gaps and category opportunities
- Create price optimization tools & analysis to help category managers make the best pricing decisions vs. competitive sites
- Partner with Finance team to translate product decisions into member and financial impact for our business
- Develop a deep understanding of user behavior patterns and insights and correlate engagement metrics with conversion rates, customer lifetime value, and financial performance
- Develop dashboards, visualizations and granular datasets that provide actionable insights on merchandising, category behavior & margin opportunities.
- Serve as tactical liaison for Product Management teams to provide the most accurate and relevant information to help drive meaningful business decisions
- Continually design, test, and deploy new reports - all with the goal of providing a state-of-the-art reporting environment
- Respond to ad-hoc reporting needs while ensuring data accuracy & integrity
- Adapt and move quickly in a fast paced environment, with a pragmatic approach to analysis.
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Analyst, Reporting Analyst, Business Intelligence Analyst or similar field
- Strong proficiency in SQL
- BS or MS in a Technical Degree or awesome experience that highlights your ability to geek out on reporting & analytics
- Experience in E-commerce and/or subscription businesses, billing cycles, and payment instruments
- Passion for turning data into insights and helping others unlock the power of their data
- Good leadership skills with a positive attitude and a proactive / self-starter mindset
- Be a team player with character, high humility and integrity, helping build a healthy team environment
- Proven ability to clearly articulate data stories to business and technical audiences
- Proficiency and solid foundation in statistics
- Proficiency at web analytics tools including Google Analytics, Amplitude, Mixpanel
- Proficiency at business intelligence dash-boarding tools like Tableau, Looker, Domo or similar
- Experience in at least one high level programming language like Python or R