Senior Accounts Payable Specialist
Los Angeles or Remote /
Finance – Accounting /
ABOUT THRIVE MARKET
Thrive Market was founded in 2014 with a mission to make healthy living easy and affordable for everyone. As an online, membership-based market, we deliver the highest quality healthy and sustainable products at member-only prices, while matching every paid membership with a free one for someone in need. Every day, we leverage innovative technology and member-first thinking to help our over 1,000,000+ members find better products, support better brands, and build a better world in the process. We recently reached a significant milestone by becoming a Certified B Corporation, making us the largest grocer to earn this coveted qualification.
Thrive Market is seeking a motivated Senior Accounts Payable Specialist to support the accounting team. Reporting directly to the Accounts Payable Manager you will be responsible for receiving, processing, and verifying invoices. You will work closely with cross-functional team members to ensure that Accounts Payable provides a high level of service to the organization.
- High volume processing of vendor invoices as part of the full cycle Accounts Payable process; including reviewing, coding, and 3-way match
- Resolve vendor discrepancies, reconcile statements, request missing invoices/credit memos
- Work directly with the inbound team to resolve receiving issues, such as shortages, overages, damages, and mispicks
- Document and communicate product receipt issues with the vendor and purchasing team
- Monitor the AP group inbox daily and respond to vendor inquiries in a timely manner
- Reconcile the AP aging
- Maintain a list of past due invoices and organize bill pay meetings with approvers
- Perform month-end close procedures
- Assist in processing employee expense reports in our T&E system
- Assist in the year-end 1099 process
- Prepare ad hoc analysis and participate in other projects as needed
- 2+ years of AP experience
- Experienced with the three-way match process in AP
- Strong ability to solve problems and be resourceful
- Able to handle the fast-paced environment and work well under pressure
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work independently
- Desire to grow and learn with the company
BELONG TO A BETTER COMPANY
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- Competitive salary (DOE) + equity
- 401k plan
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Subsidized ClassPass Membership with access to fitness classes and wellness and beauty experiences
- Ability to work in our beautiful co-working space at WeWork in Playa Vista and other locations
- Dog-Friendly Office
- Free Thrive Market membership and discount on private-label products
- Coverage for Life Coaching & Therapy Sessions on our holistic mental health and well-being platform
We're a community of more than 1 Million + members who are united by a singular belief: It should be easy to find better products, support better brands, make better choices, and build a better world in the process.
Feeling intimidated or hesitant about applying because you don’t meet every requirement? Studies prove that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs if they do not meet every single qualification. At Thrive Market, we believe in building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic culture. If you are excited about this role along with our mission and values, we sincerely encourage you to apply anyways! As the great Los Angeles King Wayne Gretzky said, “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” Take the shot!
Thrive Market is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer
At Thrive Market, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workplace that is representative, at all job levels, of the members we serve and the communities we operate in. We’re proud to be an inclusive company and an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. If you’re thinking about joining our team, we expect that you would agree!
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to assist you.
Ensure your Thrive Market job offer is legitimate and don't fall victim to fraud. Thrive Market never seeks payment from job applicants. Thrive Market recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @thrivemarket.com email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.thrivemarket.com.
© Thrive Market 2023 All rights reserved.
- Compensation Description - The base salary range for this position is $24-30/hr.
- Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and geographic location.
- Total Compensation includes Base Salary, Stock Options, Health & Wellness Benefits, Unlimited PTO, and more!