Senior Software Engineer, Data
Los Angeles, CA
We are looking to assemble a team of brilliant, dedicated, and hardworking individuals to help us build high impact products alongside our Data Strategy Team.
Our site sees millions of unique visitors every month, and our customer growth currently makes us one of the fastest growing e-commerce company in Los Angeles.
We need your amazing software engineering skills to help us execute our Data Science initiatives and turn them into products that will provide great value to our members.
In this role, we are hoping to bring someone in who is equally excited about our mission, learning the tech behind the company, AND has the ability to mentor, lead, and share their expertise with other team members.
- Python, PHP, Redis, Elasticsearch, AWS (Redshift, EC2, AWS Data Pipeline, S3, RDS)
Within 3 months, you'll...
- Become a contributing member of a high performing Scrum team
- Leverage the power of Elasticsearch to take our search to the next level by implementing autocomplete and personalization features
- Build and launch your first product alongside the Data Strategy Team
Within 6 months, you'll...
- Be the voice of software engineering on the Data Team.
- Leverage Data Science to transform our product experience by personalizing it to our member’s tastes and behavior through the use of our recommender system
- Be integral in improving personalized recommendations products for Thrive’s customers.
- Be able to take a project from ideation, through creation and production.
Within 12 months, you'll...
- Have built the process for software development within the Data Organization
- Deliver a new CRM system that will dramatically improve how we communicate with our members with the most relevant offers and recommendations
- Be influential in moving Thrive to its next major milestone
- Continue to polish and increase the performance of your previously built projects
About Thrive Market:
Wholesome products at wholesale prices. Thrive Market is a membership e-commerce platform on a mission to make the world’s highest quality natural and organic products affordable for every American family. For $60/year, Thrive members get access to their favorite healthy snacks, supplements, home, beauty, and baby products at 30-50% off retail value—all shipped to their front door. As part of our Thrive Gives initiative, each paid membership on the site also sponsors a free membership for a low-income family.