The VP Creative will define and shepherd Thrive Market’s creative brand strategy and ethos. As a business and as a team we’ve grown extremely fast. We’ve been fortunate to have many talented teammates who have helped us develop our brand “with a little b”, but now we’re looking for the creative leader who will elevate our Brand (“Big B”) with powerful storytelling and consistent visual experience.
The VP Creative will initially report to our CEO and will manage a diverse team of creatives that includes designers, writers, photographers, producers and a Creative Director. The VP Creative’s mission is to unify the brand between Marketing, Product, UX and our Merchandising teams while developing creative strategy. He or she will continually communicate the vision and be a custodian of the brand with the goal of delighting our members at every touchpoint.
The ideal candidate exudes creativity and considers themselves a designer or writer at heart. He or she is a visible, inspirational leader who takes pride in their own stunning portfolio while elevating the work of others.
- Set a creative vision and strategy for the Thrive Market brand. Unify the look, feel and voice across all channels including owned, earned and paid platforms
- Instill customer-centric enthusiasm and a “member first” mentality in the team and creative processes
- Lead a team of talented creatives. Inspire and challenge them to be powerful, pithy, on-brand, and unafraid to be original
- Lead the creation of content, programming and marketing assets. Balance the desire to be pixel-perfect with the business’s need to iterate
- Be the voice of creativity at the executive table
- Partner with Marketing and Merchandising on seasonal-storytelling, promotional calendaring and campaigns
- Collaborate with the UX and Product teams to unify the on-site and marketing experiences
- Manage internal and external resources, be the P&L owner for Creative
- 10+ years of experience within a creative agency or a design-focused, consumer-facing business
- 5+ years of creative leadership experience with a track record of hiring and growing talent
- A stunning portfolio that demonstrates the ability to ideate on high-level strategy and execute on that vision across an organization
- Outstanding leadership and skilled at bringing people together. Proven ability to effectively manage a large, multi-disciplinary team
- Honed executive-level communication skills. You take pride in being able to deliver complex ideas in simple terms, and have the data to support your thesis.
- Highly organized and operationally focused. Demonstrated success in fast, dynamic environments