Food Safety & Quality Assurance Technician
Wilkes-Barre, PA /
Fullfillment – Fulfillment - Wilkes-Barre, PA /
ABOUT THRIVE MARKET
Thrive Market was founded in 2014 with a mission to make healthy living easy and affordable for everyone. As an online, membership-based market, we deliver the highest quality healthy and sustainable products at member-only prices, while matching every paid membership with a free one for someone in need. Every day, we leverage innovative technology and member-first thinking to help our over 1,000,000+ members find better products, support better brands, and build a better world in the process. We recently reached a significant milestone by becoming a Certified B Corporation, making us the largest grocer to earn this coveted qualification.
At Thrive Market, we have fun, we love what we do and it shows by our expansive growth. Our Thrivers are the backbone of our success.
With the continued growth of our Perishable program in Hanover Township, PA. We have an exciting employment opportunity to join our team. As a Food Safety & Quality Technician you'll partner closely with our Food Safety & Quality Manager to ensure we are providing our members with the best possible experience! That same experience also applies to co-workers, the community, and our vendors.
- Complete and document daily, food safety and quality inspections for all chilled (fresh), deli & dairy products
- Complete and document inbound receiving inspections for all chilled (fresh), deli/dairy, and frozen deliveries
- Manage QA hold and disposition process
- Oversee implementation of any food safety and GMP guidelines
- Support and conduct any GMP Training
- Conduct and document expiration and shelf life quality inspections - focused on produce, deli and dairy
- Complete and document all required QA and food safety checks in accordance with SOP's and appropriately escalate issues
- Complete all paperwork accurately and timely.
- Perform projects at the instruction of the FSQA Manager.
- Any FC Quality Issues as they arise
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Prior logistics, fulfillment and/or industry experience preferred
- Experience with hand-held scanners
- Honest with the highest integrity
- Dedicated to quality and high standards
- Supportive of values following policies and procedures
- Positive, ambitious, energetic, hardworking with a strong work ethic
- A team player with exceptional communication who is well organized and has an eye for detail
BELONG TO A BETTER COMPANY
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, and disability)
- Competitive pay + equity
- Multiple work schedules available
- Opportunities for advancement. We have programs that will start you on a path and train you along the way
- Coverage for Life Coaching & Therapy Sessions on our holistic mental health and well-being platform
- Free Thrive Market membership and discount on private label products
- Casual atmosphere and great people to work with
We're a community of more than 1 Million + members who are united by a singular belief: It should be easy to find better products, support better brands, make better choices, and build a better world in the process.
Feeling intimidated or hesitant about applying because you don’t meet every requirement? Studies prove that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs if they do not meet every single qualification. At Thrive Market, we believe in building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic culture. If you are excited about this role along with our mission and values, we sincerely encourage you to apply anyway! As the great Los Angeles King Wayne Gretzky said, “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” Take the shot!
Thrive Market is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer
At Thrive Market, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workplace that is representative, at all job levels, of the members we serve and the communities we operate in. We’re proud to be an inclusive company and an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. If you’re thinking about joining our team, we expect that you would agree!
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to assist you.
Ensure your Thrive Market job offer is legitimate and don't fall victim to fraud. Thrive Market never seeks payment from job applicants. Thrive Market recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @thrivemarket.com email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.thrivemarket.com.
© Thrive Market 2023 All rights reserved.