Senior Software Engineer, Web
Los Angeles or Remote /
Technology – Engineering /
ABOUT THRIVE MARKET
Thrive Market was founded in 2014 with a mission to make healthy living easy and affordable for everyone. As an online, membership-based market, we deliver the highest quality healthy and sustainable products at member-only prices, while matching every paid membership with a free one for someone in need. Every day, we leverage innovative technology and member-first thinking to help our over 1,000,000+ members find better products, support better brands, and build a better world in the process. We recently reached a significant milestone by becoming a Certified B Corporation, making us the largest grocer to earn this coveted qualification.
Senior Software Engineer, Web
Thrive Market is seeking a Senior Software Engineer, Web. You will be responsible for building and enhancing a delightful and robust e-commerce interface and experience that delights shoppers at every click.
Our website and award winning mobile applications see millions of unique visitors every month, and our customer growth makes us the fastest growing e-commerce company in Los Angeles. If moving fast and problem solving at scale excites you; if you thrive in a dynamic environment, and if you have a track record of technical expertise and management responsibility then Thrive Market would be a great next challenge in your career!
- Work hand-in-hand with peers to provide a complete, integrated technology platform that follows high code standards when it comes to test-ability, performance, scalability, automation and code coverage
- Diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software at a good velocity
- Create and execute on strategies to continually foster and build trust and transparency between teams, and drive clear direction, proactive communication and healthy collaboration between all groups involved with Platform Engineering initiatives
- Lead the charge in order to improve high availability, data privacy and disaster recovery initiatives
- Own the tools and infrastructure (CI/CD, orchestration, automation) to empower and accelerate development, and lead the charge in modernizing our software stack
- Recruit, develop, and retain top engineering talent, empowering your team and supporting career development
- Develop and manage relationships, and maintain healthy collaboration with key external technology partners and 3rd party vendors
- 5+ years at a large scale e-commerce or similar company and hands-on.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in web and services, and experience with progressive web application frameworks
- Experience implementing the full lifecycle (and technology) for software development and delivery with Agile development practices, continuous integration and refactoring
- Must be a compelling communicator with a proven ability to influence others
- Must be able to articulate ideas effectively when presenting to large groups, other executives and business leaders
- Must be willing to make key strategic decisions, communicate the thinking behind those decisions and then drive the adoption throughout our studio
- Can build strong relationships with stakeholders and partners in product management, design, data analytics, and QA to maximize the teams’ success
BELONG TO A BETTER COMPANY:
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- Dog-Friendly Office
- Competitive salary (DOE) + equity
- 401k plan
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Stocked kitchen in our Thrive Market Home Office with Thrive Market products
- Yoga, meditation and other weekly events for mindfulness
- Coverage for Life Coaching & Therapy Sessions on our holistic mental health and well-being platform
- Free Thrive Market membership and discount on private label products
- Casual atmosphere and great people to work with
We're a community of more than 1 million members who are united by a singular belief: It should be easy to find better products, support better brands, make better choices, and build a better world in the process.
Thrive Market is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer
At Thrive Market, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive work place that is representative, at all job levels, of the members we serve and the communities we operate in. We’re proud to be an inclusive company and an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. If you’re thinking about joining our team, we expect that you would agree!
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to assist you.
© Thrive Market 2022 All rights reserved.