Senior iOS Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
Thrive Market was founded in 2014 with a mission to make healthy living easy and affordable for everyone. As an online, membership-based market, we deliver the highest quality healthy and sustainable products at member-only prices, while matching every paid membership with a free one for someone in need. Every day, we leverage innovative technology and member-first thinking to help our 500,000 members find better products, support better brands, and build a better world in the process.
We’re looking for a Senior iOS Engineer to help bring our app to even more users. As a Senior iOS engineer you’ll be working on adding new features, building scalable architecture, and improving our members experience in the app. You’ll work closely with our Product Managers, Designers, Android and Platform Engineering teams to integrate new features. We are a startup and are looking for someone who can thrive in this environment by innovating and working collaboratively with the team.
- Design and build advanced applications for the iOS platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and develop new features
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Attention to details (UX/UI) and best practices (such as coding standards, design patterns etc)
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Adhere to deadlines and anticipate challenges
- 3+ years of iOS mobile application experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of common design patterns
- Solid understanding of OOP principles
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
- Experience working with both Objective-C and Swift code base
- Experience working with RESTful APIs and JSON
- Experience working third party libraries and API
- Experience with memory management, multi-threading and mobile caching mechanisms
- Knowledge for application benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with Push Notifications and In-App Messaging
- Experience publishing 2 or more apps in the App Store
- Solid understanding of Auto Layout
- Experience with building UI programmatically
- Experience or have knowledge of MVVM pattern
- Experience with writing unit test
- Competitive Salary (DOE) + equity
- Flexible vacation time
- Free Thrive membership and 20% discount on all Thrive Market private label products!
- Medical, dental and vision plans to choose from
- Stocked kitchen and fridges with Thrive-type foods
- Catered lunches in the office
- Optional Yoga on Wednesdays, Kombucha Thursdays and weekly events
- Casual atmosphere and great people to work with!
BELONG TO A BETTER MARKET - BELONG TO A BETTER COMPANY!
-Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
-Dog Friendly Office
-Stocked kitchenLunch provided 5 days per week
-Free Thrive Market membership and discount on private label products
We're a community of more than 500,000 members who are united by a singular belief: It should be easy to find better products, support better brands, make better choices, and build a better world in the process.
Thrive Market is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer
At Thrive Market, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive work place that is representative, at all job levels, of the members we serve and the communities we operate in. We’re proud to be an inclusive company and an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. If you’re thinking about joining our team, we expect that you would agree!
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at (424) 291-9534 and we’ll be happy to assist you.
© Thrive Market 2019 All rights reserved.