Senior Platform Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
Wholesome products at wholesale prices. Thrive Market is a membership e-commerce platform on a mission to make the world’s highest quality natural and organic products affordable for every American family. For $60/year, Thrive members get access to their favorite healthy snacks, supplements, home, beauty, and baby products at 30-50% off retail value—all shipped to their front door. As part of our Thrive Gives initiative, each paid membership on the site also sponsors a free membership for a low-income family.
Our platform and user base is rapidly growing and we're looking for software engineers who have experience with Magento or who are interested in learning. We are building unique customizations to adapt with our growing business, which makes for an extremely challenging, yet rewarding opportunity. Our site sees millions of unique visitors every month, and our customer growth makes us the fastest growing e-commerce company in LA.
- End-to-end development of both internal and external dynamic features and tools that deliver amazing user experiences
- Work with other teams building a smart system executing custom integrations with our ERP, Data and Business Intelligence needs
- Give recommendations where needed on website architecture, team problems and possible solutions of scale
- Work with cross-functional teams to help resolve site issues that could include UI, systems and QA
- Site maintenance and other improvements where necessary
- 5+ years developing end-to-end high-traffic responsive cross-platform sites built on LAMP stack
- Ecommerce development using Magento or experience with Zend Framework is preferred but not required
- Working knowledge of Linux, MySQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience using version control such as Git or SVN
- Ability to work in an agile environment, solving challenging problems while having fun
- Great communication skills, being a team player