Search Marketing Manager
San Francisco /
The Thuma team is looking for a self-starting Search Marketing Manager who has a strong analytical and search marketing (SEM) background focused on user acquisition and retention.
You will deploy large budgets, plan, execute, analyze and optimize multiple campaigns across a variety of paid search channels on a daily basis, while directly contributing to the growth of Thuma. You'll identify and implement strategic initiatives to reach our SEM performance goals, and work in partnership with key cross-functional teams across the organization including Growth, eCommerce, and Brand. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator and an expert search engine marketer who is still willing to constantly learn and stay up to date with the ever changing trends in the space.
While Thuma is based in San Francisco, our team is spread across the country. This role is flexible and can be San Francisco-based or fully remote.
What you'll do:
- Support all aspects of SEM. Work closely with team members to set SEM strategy and goals based on business objectives.
- Build, launch, test and optimize campaigns across Google, Bing and Pinterest that align with goals and business objectives with minimal guidance.
- Identify new opportunities within paid search channels for Thuma to acquire new customers
- Maintain clear communication with team members to establish and implement standards on tracking, optimization, reporting and analytics to maximize KPI’s
- Ensure weekly and monthly paid search performance reports are delivered to Marketing and Brand partners
- Work with external partners and vendors to maintain support and keep up to date on new features and product capabilities
- Understand rules, regulations, and data ecosystems related to paid marketing and identify and communicate issues when they arise.
This might describe you
- 2+ years of experience in SEM focused on paid search at an agency or D2C company
- Google Ads Expert with hands-on experience managing/optimizing paid media programs across all google advertising platforms
- SEM subject matter expert with experience using search data tools and technologies and are proactive; able to identify trends and insights through data analysis
- Creative thinker, who is an assertive problem solver with an analytical mindset
- Extremely strong Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets skills
- Highly motivated and striving to learn new skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Bonus if you familiarity with organic search (SEO) and Google Ads certifications.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and autonomy
- You’re able to manage your time and add value that the broader team can feel without being told what to do
- You’re a team player and come to each new project with enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
- You have the ability to quickly adapt in a high-paced environment
Why join us?
- We have an open-minded, talented, collaborative team that values work-life balance, bad jokes, a good sandwich, and has a real passion for lounge and leisure.
- Competitive pay + participation in employee stock option plan.
- Unlimited and flexible PTO. We believe healthy, happy, relaxed people do better work.
- A SF-based HQ with the option for remote work
- A complimentary bed in your choice of size + color
- 401k with generous matching
- Comprehensive health, dental, + vision coverage
- Sponsored membership at One Medical
- Employee Discount Program
Who We Are
Thuma is a bedroom lifestyle brand, offering customers Bed Time essentials and amenities designed to celebrate life’s simple pleasures through thoughtful elevated design, quality craftsmanship, and modern convenience.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of knowledge and are talented beyond the scope of a functional role. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description.
Thuma is dedicated to going above and beyond to bring people with diverse perspectives and unique experiences together to do great work. We strive to create a sense of belonging by creating an inclusive culture where everyone can be their authentic self and by treating each and every team member with kindness, equity, and respect, always.