Director of Performance Marketing (Remote)
New York /
The Thuma team is looking for a Director of Performance Marketing who is a self-starter with a strong analytical and digital marketing background focused on user acquisition and retention. You will oversee strategy, execution, optimization, and analysis to build scalable marketing channels, continuously maximizing the current programs, and testing and scaling new efforts. We’ll look to you to be data savvy and a successful collaborator, using data to influence our growth. You are committed to understanding channel dynamics, channel attribution and behavior, the changing marketing conditions under IDFA and more. To succeed in this role, you should be perceptive, data-driven and a reliable problem solver and willing to take a hands on approach.
This role will oversee our performance marketing agency and help lead the efforts of bringing this functionality internally. With the goal of leading a team of channel specialists (Social, SEM, SEO, Display, etc.). This individual will help develop the performance strategy to achieve our financial and product targets and test aggressively to find the best ways acquire and reengage customers. Reporting to the Head of Growth, you will be a critical member of the Marketing Team and a key player in driving results for the company. You will work closely with numerous stakeholder teams including finance, marketing, ecommerce, and IT.
While Thuma is based in San Francisco, our team is spread across the country. This role is flexible and can be San Francisco-based or fully remote.
What you'll do:
- Develop and own the acquisition and retention digital marketing strategy, and manage a multi-million dollar budget.
- Oversee digital media buying activities, including identifying new sources of customer acquisition, researching new areas of media, creative, and messaging to increase spend efficiency
- Collaborate with and complement the work of our full Marketing Team (Brand, PR, Ecommerce, Analytics, etc.) to ensure we’re achieving maximum results
- Partner with agencies and other external partners, negotiating to get the most for our investment and building strong long-term relationships
- Work closely with the analytics team to build a world-class performance marketing engine across tracking, attribution, and optimization
- Lead and oversee campaign management
- Understand and measure success of each channel and lead reporting efforts to track results on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to provide insight to leadership team into revenue and efficiency targets and ensure we are allocating or spend wisely
- Develop and test new channels creating a channel-agnostic and diversified strategy to mitigate business risks
- Manage and mentor acquisition team members, and drive a culture of continual analysis, testing, experimentation, and optimization
- Collaborate with senior leadership on strategic alignment
This might describe you
- 5+ years experience in acquisition marketing and performance/growth marketing with direct oversight of SEM, display, retargeting, paid social, and funnel optimization
- 2+ years of experience building and leading a teamExperience managing a large budget with a track record of growing marketing investment on a measurable basis at scale
- Experience owning the exploration and testing of new channels Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Analyzing data combined with the ability to synthesize and effectively communicate findings to all levels throughout the organization
- Willingness to be deep in the details while also being able to create and communicate higher level strategy
- Success in managing agencies and other external partners to receive optimal value
- Excellent communication skills; listening, written and oral communication skills and comprehensive people management skills.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and autonomy
- You’re able to manage your time and add value that the broader team can feel without being told what to do
- You’re a team player and come to each new project with enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
- You have the ability to quickly adapt in a high-paced environment
Why join us?
- We have an open-minded, talented, collaborative team that values work-life balance, bad jokes, a good sandwich, and has a real passion for lounge and leisure.
- Competitive pay + participation in employee stock option plan.
- Unlimited and flexible PTO. We believe healthy, happy, relaxed people do better work.
- A SF-based HQ with the option for remote work
- A complimentary bed in your choice of size + color
- 401k with generous matching
- Comprehensive health, dental, + vision coverage
- Sponsored membership at One Medical
- Employee Discount Program
Who We Are
Thuma is a bedroom lifestyle brand, offering customers Bed Time essentials and amenities designed to celebrate life’s simple pleasures through thoughtful elevated design, quality craftsmanship, and modern convenience.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of knowledge and are talented beyond the scope of a functional role. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description.
Thuma is dedicated to going above and beyond to bring people with diverse perspectives and unique experiences together to do great work. We strive to create a sense of belonging by creating an inclusive culture where everyone can be their authentic self and by treating each and every team member with kindness, equity, and respect, always.