Purchasing Manager (Remote)
San Francisco /
The Thuma team is looking for a Purchasing Manager to join our lean, fast-growing, remote team. We hire for integrity, initiative, collaborative spirit, open mindedness, and willingness to learn.
While Thuma is based in San Francisco, our team is spread across the country. This role is flexible and can be San Francisco-based or fully remote.
- Effectively plan, execute and deliver both component and finished goods purchase planning to meet production, procurement and inventory holding goals
- Create robust logistics planning models that account for multiple DCs, varying product lead times and capacity constraints
- Own the rebalancing of inventory and purchasing plan for any changes to sales forecasts materially impacting supply balance
- End to end ownership of the purchasing processes within the business, including improvements, automation and cross-departmental efficiencies
- Demonstrate procurement knowledge to understand the requirements and specifications needed to effectively source-specific goods and services within an expedited time frame
- Build new tools and processes to support brand growth within operations, supply chain, and demand planning
- Create high level reports and presentations on inventory levels and risk areas to aid communication with Thuma’s management team
This Might Describe You
- Experience in a fast paced retail (DTC) or related industry with specific expertise in managing multiple suppliers, product launches and existing orders
- You know how to play the game: agility and persistence are key to navigate the onboarding & development of new suppliers and complex product launches
- Analytical thinker, problem solver, financial acumen, and independent contributor
- Some familiarity with ERP systems (such as Netsuite or Brightpearl)
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and autonomy.
- You’re able to manage your time and add value that the broader team can feel without being told what to do.
- You’re comfortable receiving and providing feedback.
- You’re a team player and come to each new project with enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
- You have the ability to quickly adapt in a high-paced environment
- You’re looking for a healthy work life balance
- Passion for meaningful home and lifestyle products
Why Join Us
- Competitive pay + participation in employee stock option plan
- Unlimited and flexible PTO. We believe healthy, happy, relaxed people do better work.
- A SF-based HQ with the option for remote work
- A complimentary bed in your choice of size + color
- 401k with generous matching
- Comprehensive health, dental, + vision coverage
- Sponsored membership at One Medical
- Employee Discount Program
Who We Are
Thuma is a bedroom lifestyle brand, offering customers Bed Time essentials and amenities designed to celebrate life’s simple pleasures through thoughtful elevated design, quality craftsmanship, and modern convenience.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of knowledge and are talented beyond the scope of a functional role. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description.
Thuma is dedicated to going above and beyond to bring people with diverse perspectives and unique experiences together to do great work. We strive to create a sense of belonging by creating an inclusive culture where everyone can be their authentic self and by treating each and every team member with kindness, equity, and respect, always.