Brand Copywriter (Remote)
San Francisco /
The Thuma team is looking for a Brand Copywriter to join our fast-growing remote team. We hire for integrity, initiative, collaborative spirit, open mindedness, and willingness to learn.
Reporting to the Director of Brand Marketing, you’ll help us elevate and build our verbal identity, write and edit copy for a wide range of projects, and work closely with marketing, product, and design to brainstorm ideas, develop messaging, and concept campaigns. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
While Thuma is based in San Francisco, our team is spread across the country with a concentration in New York as well. This role is flexible and can be San Francisco-based or fully remote.
- Write both short and long-form copy for a variety of media including web, social media, lifecycle marketing campaigns, print, brand development, product launches, ads in all formats, web, and more.
- Comfortably use and build upon language guidelines depending on the campaign, content, target audience, or marketing channels at hand.
- Edit and proof work to ensure high editorial standards are met across all content outputs.
- Work closely with the Director of Brand to develop communications strategies for new product launches, partner on brand storytelling opportunities, and drive brand consistency across all company communication.
- Stay current on trends and competitors within the editorial sphere.
- See projects through the whole creative process from inception to deployment.
- Present creative concepts and final deliverables to the internal team as needed.
- Revise copy based on feedback/direction.
This Might Describe You
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications, or related discipline.
- 1-3 years of professional copywriting experience with a solid portfolio of work.
- Natural Storyteller who excels at translating complex topics into easy to understand language.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with a versatile writing style, strong grammar, ability to edit your work and others, and a keen eye for detail.
- You’re resourceful, take initiative, and adapt well to change and unexpected updates.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment and are able to work with creative and non-creative partners and stakeholders.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and autonomy. You don’t always wait to be told what to; you proactively look for ways to add value that the broader team can feel.
- You have a strong creative point of view and appreciation for the power of words.
- You’re a team player and come to each new project with enthusiasm and a willingness to learn.
- You have the ability to quickly adapt in a high-paced environment.
Why Join Us?
- We have an open-minded, talented, collaborative team that values work-life balance, bad jokes, a good sandwich, and has a real passion for lounge and leisure.
- Competitive pay + participation in employee stock option plan.
- Unlimited and flexible PTO. We believe healthy, happy, relaxed people do better work.
- A SF-based HQ with the option for remote work
- A complimentary bed in your choice of size + color
- 401k with generous matching
- Comprehensive health, dental, + vision coverage
- Sponsored membership at One Medical
- Employee Discount Program
Who We Are
Thuma is a bedroom lifestyle brand, offering customers Bed Time essentials and amenities designed to celebrate life’s simple pleasures through thoughtful elevated design, quality craftsmanship, modern convenience.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of knowledge and are talented beyond the scope of a functional role. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description.
Thuma is dedicated to going above and beyond to bring people with diverse perspectives and unique experiences together to do great work. We strive to create a sense of belonging by creating an inclusive culture where everyone can be their authentic self and by treating each and every team member with kindness, equity, and respect, always.