Business Development Representative
Thycotic, a global leader in IT security, is the fastest growing provider of Privileged Access Management solutions that protect an organization’s most valuable assets from cyber-attacks and insider threats. Our mission is to make self-sufficient security champions, by making security tools people love to use that make privilege management achievable for everyone.
The results show:
--We have over 10,000 customers worldwide ranging from mid-sized organizations to Fortune 100 companies and are adding hundreds of new customers every quarter.
--We are growing at twice the rate of the overall PAM market (50% vs 25%).
-- We are among Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies six years in a row.
Do you see the rising importance of IT security and want to be a part of the industry's explosive growth?
Are you a motivated self-starter interested in working in a dynamic, fast-paced sales and marketing environment?
Are you looking for a position with generous, performance-based compensation and ample opportunities for career advancement?
If you answered yes to all of these questions, then we would like to speak with you about an opportunity that will take your career to the next level.
Located in our Washington, DC headquarters, our Business Development Representative (BDR) role acts as a liaison between our Sales and Marketing teams and develops, generates, and manages initial business relationships via inbound lead qualification and outbound prospecting activity. The primary goal of the BDR role is to connect our sales team to potential customers.
- Process and qualify inbound leads into sales opportunities
- Deliver a minimum of 75+ outbound activities (combination of calls/emails) per day
- Develop qualified leads by researching, profiling, and networking within targeted companies
- Position our privileged access management products and value proposition to IT prospects from the admin to executive level
- Utilize internal e-learning systems to stay current on latest trends and technologies in cyber security market
- Consistently hit weekly success metrics for meetings and/or calls between prospective customers and sales account executives
- Support a variety of inbound and outbound marketing programs and sales initiatives
- Work directly with demand generation team on campaign focuses for outreach
- Staff industry trade shows and conferences to interact with prospects and customers and identify new business opportunities
- Record and track progress in our CRM system (Salesforce) and Prospect Engagement system (SalesLoft) to monitor your success
Skills & Requiements
- Minimum 2 years successful work experience in a BDR or quota-carrying Sales role
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (cold calls, personalized LinkedIn messaging, etc)
- Experience with CRM and Sales Engagement platforms (prefer Salesforce & SalesLoft)
- Organized, goal-oriented and data-driven
- Accredited bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field
Why Work at Thycotic?
We’re passionate problem-solvers doing our part to make the world a safer place. We invest in people who are smart, self-motivated and collaborative.
What we offer in return is meaningful work, a culture of innovation and great career progression!
Thycotic was awarded “Best Places to Work” in 2019 in recognition of the hands-on experience and growth opportunities available here, as reported by employees. A focus on employee advancement and our ethos of respect are just some of the reasons why people love working here!
Thycotic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Upon conditional offer of employment, candidates are required to complete a criminal background check and drug screen per Thycotic employment policy.