Tier II Technical Support Engineer
Thycotic, a global leader in IT security, is the fastest growing provider of Privileged Access Management solutions that protect an organization’s most valuable assets from cyber-attacks and insider threats. Our mission is to make self-sufficient security champions, by making security tools people love to use that make privilege management achievable for everyone.
The results show:
--We have over 10,000 customers worldwide ranging from mid-sized organizations to Fortune 100 companies and are adding hundreds of new customers every quarter.
--We are growing at twice the rate of the overall PAM market (50% vs 25%).
-- We are among Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies six years in a row.
The Tier II Technical Support Engineer has a strong technical background in cybersecurity or comparable field and a minimum of two years’ experience. The job requires the ability to troubleshoot escalated customer issues, perform log and configure features in the software. We are looking for a candidate with strong English (verbal and written) skills.
This position is based in the Washington, DC headquarters and will report to a Technical Support Manager/Team Lead.
- Resolving technical problems of assigned cases
- Creation of and ability to troubleshoot PowerShell scripts
- Ability to write SQL queries and understand database structure
- Participate in group problem solving meetings to overcome challenging issues
- Researching and solving complex issues
- Working closely with Team Lead to meet SLA and customer requirements
- Test and verify product functionality to reproduce customer issues
- Document detailed failure and solution information within cases
Skills & Requirements
- 2+ years in a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk or similar role
- 2-year degree required; 4-year degree preferred
- Experience with SQL 2008 R2 or higher
- Ability to write and demonstrate SQL queries SQL scripts and perform SQL table review
- Experience with PowerShell scripting preferred
- Knowledge of installing and maintaining webservers (IIS and Apache)
- Prior working experience with .NET applications is highly desired
- Any certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CompTIA Security+, SSCP are a benefit
- Strong written and verbal English skills required
- Ability to work with diverse worldwide team members and management
- One weekend rotation per quarter
Why Work at Thycotic?
We’re passionate problem-solvers doing our part to make the world a safer place. We invest in people who are smart, self-motivated and collaborative.
What we offer in return is meaningful work, a culture of innovation and great career progression!
Thycotic was awarded “Best Places to Work” in 2019 in recognition of the hands-on experience and growth opportunities available here, as reported by employees. A focus on employee advancement and our ethos of respect are just some of the reasons why people love working here!
Thycotic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Upon conditional offer of employment, candidates are required to complete a criminal background check and drug screen per Thycotic employment policy.