Director of Finance
At Tictail, we empower self-made entrepreneurs to build global brands, providing everything needed to establish an online business and reach a worldwide audience. Today, our marketplace is home to tens of thousands of independent brands, and serves as a one-stop shopping destination for the best in emerging fashion, art, and home decor.
Tictail launched in 2012 and has raised more than $35 million in funding from some of the world’s leading investors including Thrive Capital (Instagram, Slack, Kickstarter, Warby Parker, Oscar), Balderton Capital (LoveFilm, BookATable, Betfair), Creandum (Spotify, iZettle, Wrapp), and Acton Capital (Etsy, Zooplus). As we continue our mission to empower global entrepreneurship, we’re looking for a Finance Director for our Stockholm office. The role will oversee all financial functions at Tictail and report directly to Tictail’s Chief Operating Officer (based in our New York office).
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience working in a financial capacity (banking, consulting, wealth management, or private equity). You likely have a BS degree in Finance, Economics, or a related field. You’re well-informed on current financial subjects: accounting, tax, money market, and business environments. You have proven knowledge of financial forecasting and corporate finance; you’re proficient in spreadsheets (Excel), databases, and financial software applications; and have outstanding presentation, reporting, and communication skills. The ability to perform in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism is crucial to this role.
- Build and maintain the company’s three statement consolidated operating model and long-range plan
- Implement a KPI reporting framework that allows all departments to track performance against targets
- Partner with external accounting teams to conduct monthly variance analyses and with departmental heads to address deviations from plan
- Run the annual budgeting and re-forecasting processes
- Prepare materials for Board of Directors and investors
- Lead investor relations efforts including option, share, and cap table management
- Perform high level scenario analyses around strategic initiatives to inform decision making
- Work with People Operations to implement processes and systems to manage headcount planning, compensation, and benefits
- A self-starter with a proven track record of thriving in fast paced environments
- A strong communicator, leader, and collaborator
- Excited about leading the financial function for a fast-growing, multinational startup
- Numbers-driven, analytical, and curious
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience including 2+ years of banking, private equity, consulting, or similar experience
- Expertise in Excel and knowledge of reporting best practices
- MBA or similar graduate degree a plus
- Knowledge of SQL a plus
- Knowledge of US GAAP accounting a plus
Small businesses from over 140 countries around the world call Tictail home. We know it’s the diversity of our community that makes it as strong and dynamic as it is, and it’s our ongoing mission to ensure that our workplaces reflect the same wide range of backgrounds, personalities, interests, skills, and stories. We want everyone in the Tictail community—both online and in our offices—to feel that their needs are met, their voices are heard, and that they have all the necessary tools and opportunities to succeed.