Tictail is the destination to discover and shop independent brands from around the world. Founded in Stockholm, Tictail currently has offices in both Sweden and New York.
Tictail launched in 2012 and has raised more than $35 million in funding from some of the world’s leading investors including Thrive Capital (Instagram, Slack, Kickstarter, Warby Parker, Oscar), Balderton Capital (LoveFilm, BookATable, Betfair), Creandum (Spotify, iZettle, Wrapp), and Acton Capital (Etsy, Zooplus). As we continue our mission to empower global entrepreneurship, we’re looking for a Accountant for our Stockholm office. The role will report directly to Tictail’s Director of Finance & Operations.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a financial capacity (accounting, banking, wealth management, or private equity). You likely have a BS degree in Finance, Economics, or a related field. You’re well-informed on current financial subjects: accounting, tax, money market, and business environments.You have proven knowledge of financial forecasting and corporate finance; you’re proficient in spreadsheets (Excel), databases, and financial software applications; and have outstanding presentation, reporting, and communication skills. The ability to perform in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism is crucial to this role.
Tictail is an extraordinary place. You’ll work with some of the best people you’ve ever met, making incredibly ambitious things, with a ridiculous amount of responsibility. If you’re like us, you’ve probably dreamed of what you could accomplish if you just weren’t held back by your current boss, job, school, or whatever else is in your way.
Well, Tictail is your chance to shine.
- Manage all day-to-day bookkeeping
- Ensure that invoices are processed on time and accurately categorized
- Develop, implement, and manage the internal cost accounting system and procedures
- Collect and organize all receipts; reconcile transactions by comparing / correcting data
- Oversee expense reporting to ensure proper handle
- Prepare monthly tax filings
- Assist external accounting firms as necessary
- Assemble financial reports
- Assist external accounting teams at month-end close which includes, but is not limited to, revenue and balance sheet reconciliations and expense analysis
- Develop and track monthly departmental cash reconciliations to assist management in meeting financial objectives
- Maintain a detailed weekly financial cash reconciliation by country and line of business; understand and analyze weekly results to be able to judge and maintain a monthly forecast
- Advise and brief management
- Develop financial models; track and determine financial status by analyzing actual results compared with budgets / forecasts
- Provide alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance
- Act as liaison between the finance department and all other departments at Tictail
- Fluent in both Swedish and English