General Manager - Atlanta
Tide Cleaners is on a mission to reinvent the dry cleaning and laundry industry. Drop off your clothes in one of our 24/7-accessible boxes and we’ll return it to you within a couple days.
The team is scaling Tide Cleaners nationally, currently operating in 15 cities with 1,000 locations today and 2,000 locations by 2020. We are expanding our distribution network geographically and across different real estate formats. Along-side the growth of our services, we are building the future of laundry by developing a distinctive product backed by the R&D and chemistry of Procter & Gamble.
We are looking for a General Manager with a passion for delivering incredible customer experiences, thinking outside the box, and has a knack for problem solving. You will be responsible for overall market performance and growth in a strategic and critical role. As General Manager, you’ll not only own your market’s P&L, but will ensure operational excellence, have your finger on the local market pulse, identifying new opportunities for growth while building and maintaining important partnerships.
What You'll Do
- Define and implement market growth strategy in your city focused around building a portfolio of Tide Cleaners locations, acquiring customers, and delivering flawless customer experiences.
- Plan, organize, and oversee all activities to drive customer acquisition, utilization, and revenue.
- Deliver on quality production, on-time delivery and accurate order flow to deliver world-class customer experiences in your city.
- Ensure that our vendor partners, properties and suppliers, are providing the services and resources necessary for your operations team to succeed.
- Acquire new distribution units in multifamily residential, commercial buildings, and new revenue streams for Tide Cleaners lockers.
- Use data to creatively solve problems, find ways to improve, and track results from customer acquisition to orders to building and cleaning supplier performance.
- Communicate across the organization to ensure timely resolutions, quality control, and process feedback.
- Define hiring needs, execute on those needs, and train new team membersBe a culture carrier. Create a fun, inclusive, and safe workplace.
What You’ll Need
- 8+ years experience in successfully managing a team, or market with a background in operations management, business consulting, or related experience managing operations, building and developing partnerships, optimizing processes, and delivering business goals.
- Excellent communicator who is exceptional in motivating teams, building strong relationships, influencing stakeholders.
- Self-motivated, energetic, and driven with the ability to learn new skills that will enable you to grow with the role.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on and lead by exampleAttention to detail balanced with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well.
- Entrepreneurial hustle and proven self-starter with owner’s mentality; some entrepreneurial experience is preferred.
- Data-driven mindset, strong business judgment, and proven ability to perform analysis, draw key insights, and form and execute a strategy.
Tide Cleaners Values:
Who we are:
1) We will take care of our people and in turn, our people will take care of our customers.
2) Develop one another through apprenticeship and mentoring
3) Have pre-rolled sleeves
What we do:
1) Let the best idea win
2) We are trying to change the way everyone cleans. We will constantly experiment
3) Act > (re)act. Make your own Tide Cleaners
How we do it:
1) Uphold the obligation to dissent. Agree to Disagree, Agree & Commit
2) Feedback is a gift