Video Producer (Producer/Videographer/Editor)
Toronto, Canada Area
Submission Deadline: MONDAY, MARCH 27, 2017
TIFF is dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema to film lovers in our home TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our aim is to become a creative community and global leader, and one of the world’s premiere organizations in the discovery and understanding of film.
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is hiring for the full-time position of:
VIDEO PRODUCER (Producer/Videographer/Editor)
The Video Producer (Producer/Editor/Videographer) is a versatile creative and technical tour de force that will be tasked with creating compelling content for our online audiences leveraging our programming and also conceiving original creative concepts. Equally comfortable editing a thematic trailer, a whimsical social video, video essays, or creating an emotional short documentary portrait from start to finish, the ideal candidate will collaborate with an ambitious interdisciplinary team of professionals at TIFF. We’re looking for someone who has: a deep understanding of film, a solid visual aesthetic, understands what makes content shareable, and thinks in a way that might worry normal people. This person has at least three years of pertinent non-academic professional experience in online video production for a media organization or agency.
Candidates must have a proven track record of taking concepts from pitch to publish, and experience with all the hard and soft skills of production & post-production: idea generation, professional communication, storytelling, a strong sense of composition, shooting, lighting, sound design, writing, editing, interviewing, color correction, and publishing. We often attack projects as a team, so even if you have a specialty, it's important that you're comfortable with all the disciplines and collaborating with other people.
The Video Producer reports to the Managing Video Producer in the TIFF Studio’s Content and Creative team.
- Brainstorm video ideas with great people across different departments (marketing, programming, creative services, editorial)
- Track projects from assignment to completion in order to meet deadlines
- Communicate, coordinate, and follow through with key stakeholders
- Secure locations, permits, and releases as required
- Write scripts and treatments
- Work closely with talent
- Setup and operate cameras, light and record audio on location or in studio
- Edit short documentaries, promotional content, trailers, social video, and other content using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Produce motion graphics and title design as required
- Create creative assets as needed using production software (Adobe Creative Suite/CC including: Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Manage TIFF’s video content and distribution assets
- Maintain a high level of best practices and standards for producing content
- Go above and beyond to make work you’re proud to share
- Other production-related and administrative duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Film/Video Production, Communication/Media Studies or equivalent
- Over 3 years of professional hands on production experience at a media organization, agency, or equivalent freelancing experience with a proven track record
- An epic storyteller at heart with a strong interest and knowledge of film
- Writing skills for treatments, scripts, and story ideas
- Solid production management know-how
- Ninja Adobe Creative Cloud skills especially for video editing in Premier and motion graphics/title design in After Effects (animation skills a plus)
- Good sense of timing, musicality, and storytelling
- Expert knowledge of a variety of professional digital cameras from Canon, Panasonic, Sony
- Demonstrated abilities in live streaming, studio production, and field production (documentary experience a plus)
- A strong visual aesthetic/sense of design and composition
- Ability to light and mic guests or talent for studio interviews
- Strong understanding and ability to record sound on location and in studio as well as basic sound editing and mixing skills in post-production
- Ability to learn quickly, hit the ground running, and adapt to unfamiliar or difficult situations
- Self-motivated with excellent critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- A fun attitude & a team player
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
How to Submit & Application Deadline
- Please submit cover letter, link to demo reel of your best work + links to 1-3 short videos in full (we will not review submissions without the specified video examples), resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references as one (1) PDF or Word document, by 5pm on MONDAY, MARCH 27, 2017.
- All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website tiff.net/careers
- Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities and will work with applicants to meet their needs. TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world, through film. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.