Manager, Digital Marketing
Toronto, Canada Area
Submission Deadline: Wednesday, December 13, 2017
TIFF is dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema to film lovers in our home TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our aim is to become a creative community and global leader, and one of the world’s premiere organizations in the discovery and understanding of film. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be a part of our ever growing team, and be part of Toronto's cultural history.
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is hiring for the full-time position of:
MANAGER, DIGITAL MARKETING
TIFF is seeking a Digital Marketing Manager who is responsible for growing the TIFF network of verticals by analyzing and interpreting data from social platforms, paid media, earned media, human traffic data and other relevant data points. These verticals include but are not limited to Toronto International Film Festival, year-round TIFF Bell Lightbox programming, branded content and fundraisers.
In this role, you will build strategies and plans around launching campaigns, content, generating revenue for year-round programming, fundraising and community building. You will work interdepartmentally to audit, analyze and recommend platforms based on short and long term goals of TIFF, the programming, and consumer engagement needs.
You can plan long term strategies and are also able to react in real-time to data to adapt in-market campaigns. From website heat mapping to financial tracking to engagement metrics, you know how to synthesize data from a variety of sources to paint a clear picture of where we are successful and where we should be investing our time, money and resources. Non-linear thinking and focus are key character traits of the person who will take on this role.
Reporting to: Senior Manager, Marketing & Strategy
- Manage day-to-day duties on campaigns, including leading campaigns, writing creative briefs, working with suppliers, building partnerships, executing media plans and gathering real-time feedback for campaign optimization
- Analyze data and extrapolate key learnings from our network of platforms
- Uses platform and audience insights to contribute to the execution of best-in-class paid media campaigns
- With the support of the Senior Manager, Marketing and Strategy to build user journey maps based on customer needs, identifying moments of truth where we can make an impact that drives action
- Analyzes and creates daily / weekly / monthly reports and dashboards
- Collaborate with Communications and Content teams to build out integrated marketing plans that are data and insight driven
- Identifies content, platforms, and moments around which TIFF verticals should focus special efforts to drive growth and reach new audiences
- Builds relationships with key platform reps within Canada and utilizes connections to ensure continued innovation in our engagement and acquisition strategies
- Degree in marketing or a combination of education and experience
- 7+ years experience with social media platforms, analytics, and content marketing
- Experience in SEO
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross-department team and lead projects
- Hands-on experience and/or knowledge of Google Analytics , Crazy Egg, Google AdWords, Adobe Marketing Cloud, Comscore, PNB, Neilsen viva Data, PEW Research, Meltwater, Facebook & Twitter Analytics
- Adept at creating dashboards from multiple sources of data
- Social marketing and platform development and strategy (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Yelp, etc.) is a must
- Experience managing budgets and tracking spends across multiple platforms
- Able to work within a dynamic environment and balance multiple priorities
- Collaborative with the ability to build on ideas
- Highly motivated, adaptable and open
- Experience with Direct Marketing
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to work flexible hours as required, including some evenings and weekends
- January 2, 2018
How to Submit & Application Deadline
- Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references as one (1) PDF or Word document, by 5pm on WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 13, 2017
- All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website tiff.net/careers
- Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities and will work with applicants to meet their needs. TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world, through film. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.