Head of Developer Relations
With the explosive growth of data and the accelerated movement to digitization, data has become the lifeblood of businesses. But these businesses are unable to build delightful data-driven experiences fast enough. The real-time data infrastructure with all its complexity stands in the way.
This is why we are on a mission to build a zeroops real-time data platform that makes building modern data-driven apps a breeze.
We are fully committed to open source and embrace the open exchange of information, collaborative development and transparency.
Wouldn’t it be amazing if you could join us in our journey early-on and help shape the future of data infrastructure?
This senior position will be reporting to our CEO.
The Head of Developer Relations will play a critical role in building out the developer community and creating the Tigris brand presence.
You will set the vision and mission with your team. You will use your skills and experience to guide the leadership, inspire your team, and make a lasting impact at Tigris and in the wider developer community. You will lead and grow a globally distributed team focusing on the experience of developers using our real-time data platform to solve problems within the organizations that they serve.
This is an entrepreneurial role that requires deep understanding of the developer ecosystem and a desire to engage with stakeholders across all mediums from code to content.
- Create Tigris’ brand presence among developers and bootstrap the community
- Recruit, coach and develop a team that is creative, empathetic, flexible, and results-oriented and can help developers find success
- Create a content strategy encompassing blog posts, technical presentations, workshops and videos with a clear process and quality assurances for internal and external SMEs and contributors
- Participate in meetups, conferences and other developer centric events as a thought leader in the community
- Work with developers at startups and accelerators in showcasing Tigris
- Remove barriers across the product by working with Engineering to enable improvements that expand the reach and functionality of our open source platform
- Build, track and communicate Community KPIs to influence decisions and priorities
- 5+ years experience in a hands-on technical community or end-user focused role such as developer relations, pre-sales and customer successExperience building and growing a technical community where you were a key factor in driving measurable positive outcomes
- Focused on impact with proven project management skills to lead teams to create goals, work towards them, and measure the results
- Expertise in modern data technologies - real-time analytics, streaming, databasesExpertise in modern application development constructs - Serverless, FaaS and BaaS technologies
- You love to travel, see new places, and meet new people. The thought of being in a room of 200 strangers in a brand new place isn’t just exciting, but an opportunity for you to make new friends, learn new things and try some new food
- You get satisfaction from bringing diverse groups of people together with patience and empathy
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- One of the best Healthcare Packages (US only)
- Flexible working style - 100% work-from-anywhere
- Unlimited PTO - take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
We are building a special place with a unique combination of brilliance, spirit and great people.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Tigris Data values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are a remote-friendly and an equal opportunity employer.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.