Senior Android Engineer - Mobile Framework
The world's largest lost and found department is coming to Portland, OR. Come find your future at Tile/Portland !
You will spend every day working with talented professionals striving to solve a challenging problem that everyone has experienced - losing our things. Keys. Wallets. Time. Opportunity. As part of the Smart Location Mobile SDK team, your focus will be to develop and deliver a platform for our partners to integrate into their products. Think manufactures of headphones, wallet, power tools, remotes, eyewear. All the things we lose now with the power to be located instantly using Tile technology.
As as Senior member of the team, you will own the design and development of the components that make up the SDK, from our BLE stack up to the our Mobile APIs. You will be committed to continuous improvement through peer collaboration, code reviews, unit tests, automation, retrospection, and close collaboration with QA. But it’s not just about the code, you will also help to define the practices and processes that drive the team’s execution.
- Own delivery of reliable software through continuous integration, automated testing, and in-depth code review
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Collaborate with Product Management define the framework APIs
- Work with partners to get feedback on the framework APIs
- Collaborate with firmware, server, and data teams design and implement end-to-end functionality
- Work with the QA team to help define the testing strategy and test plans for our product releases
- You will be reporting directly to the Head of Platform Engineering.
- You earned a BS degree in Computer Science
- You have at least 10 years of software development experience
- You have at least 5 years of Android development experience
- You have extensive experience with Java and Android Studio
- You have experience with developing frameworks on Android
- You have a deep understanding of mobile-specific constraints that can impact user experience (connectivity, battery life, ram, file i/o, etc.)
- You have experience with BLE on Android
- You have experience with threading, networking, memory management, tracing, and profiling code
- You have experience debugging apps on devices and on platform simulators/emulators
- You enjoy working in an agile development environment with aggressive goals
- You embrace a test-first development approach, leveraging unit test tools and automation
- You have experience in building and deployment of software using GitHub, Jenkins, and Cocoapods
- You earned a MS degree in Computer Science
- You have have deployed at least one Android framework and/or application.
- You embrace collaboration and are driven to help your peers and team succeed.
- You have something to teach us and are not afraid to share it.
- You have a demonstrated ability to diagnose and solve problems with complex software
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
- You have experience with both iOS and Android
- You have experience with multiple device models (phones, tablets, etc.)
- You are an advocate of Agile practices and methodologies
- You have a personal interest in mobile and web technologies with a drive for team leadership
Just a few benefits of working at Tile:
- Own equity in the company--every employee is a stakeholder in our future
- Work with an adept team of people who love what they do
- Comprehensive health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, and pre-tax commuter deduction
Tile is creating a world where everyone can find everything that matters. When you’ve lost something, getting it back safe and sound can feel impossible. But thanks to Tile, there’s a community of people out there helping that thing you love find its way back home.
With over 85% of the market share, Tile devices, network and mobile app work together to help people locate more than three million unique items every day. Our global community spans 230 countries and territories, and we’re expanding more every day. We’re headquartered in San Mateo, California, and our investors include Bessemer Venture Partners, GGV Capital and Khosla Ventures.
We believe that loss should be a thing of the past, and that lending a helping hand should be effortless. We’re not here to simply connect people to things. We’re here to connect people to people, because things don’t change the world. People do.
Together we find. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.