San Mateo, CA /
We are looking for a highly motivated, energetic, and experienced Revenue Accountant within our Accounting team. This position will be an individual contributor and will report to Tile’s Controller. The Revenue Accountant will work closely with Tile’s Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Sales, Marketing and Premium Subscription teams.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Be a key point person for providing business value added insights and a thought partner to help scale the revenue operations.
- Work cross functionally with Accounting, FP&A, Legal, Sales, Sales Operations, AR, IT, and various business owners on policies, processes, and programs, and help drive key system initiatives and improvements.
- Lead operational improvement initiatives to further streamline revenue and trade spend tasks and shorten the revenue close calendar.
- Build new processes to help the business scale and be a key point person for ERP (NetSuite) development.
- Perform monthly revenue accounting close responsibilities, including but not limited to: review of reconciliations (AR, reserves, contra revenue, etc.), journal entries, and close package deliverables
- Assist in the verification of channel spend program details by confirming alignment of terms against customer contracts. Oversee communication and resolution of discrepancies with other key stakeholders.
- Oversee and review process to reconcile deduction details to reserve balances.
- Review reports provided to Sales / Operations prior to distribution.
- Key contributor to ERP upgrades and improvements.
- Support audit deliverables and help coordinate with auditors during the year-end audit.
- Help drive flux analysis for balance sheet and income statement
- Support other groups with ad hoc analysis as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in public accounting or relevant accounting, finance or 606 revenue recognition experience
- Consumer product experience (B2C)
- Positive self-motivated team player with excellent communication skills, strong Excel skills and analytical skills
- NetSuite experience preferred
- Own equity in the company - every employee is a stakeholder in our future
- Work with an adept team of people who love what they do
- Daily breakfast and lunch along with company-wide events and outings
- Flexible work program
- LinkedIn Learning and other learning opportunities
- Free parking
- Comprehensive health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, and pre-tax commuter deduction
At Tile, we’re building a world where everything that matters can be found. Our services help people find millions of lost belongings every day. Now, we’re exploring new ways to ensure peace of mind. The Tile subscription provides reassurance for the long-haul. And we’re expanding our reach through major partnerships, bringing Tile technology to everything from headphones to travel gear. There are countless ways to use a Tile. We face a striking range of opportunities. But we abide by a simple creed: Together we find.
Our small but mighty team pioneered the idea of the finder, and our leaders draw on their deep experience defining and growing new markets. We’re united by a commitment to shaping Tile’s culture around the needs of our colleagues and customers, and by our desire to build a diverse and welcoming workplace for future Tilers of all stripes. We designed our values together, and now they inform everything we do—from hiring and performance reviews to product decisions and partnerships. We’re proud of our Great Place to Work certification and proud to have support from Bessemer Venture Partners, GGV Capital, and Francisco Partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.